Chapter 48 - Origin

Start from the beginning

She squealed, hugging his leg as a way of saying thanks before running over to the band member. He moved to the side, picking up the femme and placing her in his swat right in front of the instrument. She looked at the device with marvel. It was an electronic keyboard with DJ scratch-records at the top and sound effects buttons along the middle.

"Do you know how to play?" he asked.

The femme glanced at the older mech, shaking her helm. 

He smiled. "Don't worry. It's real simple. Just play the keys here, and if you want to add extra noises, just push those buttons, or scratch that record."

"O-Okay." the femme nodded. 

The femme grew nervous as her fingers hovered over the keys. She looked up at the audience, finding her father who mouthed words of encouragement. 

She let out a vent as she closed her optics, and before she could open them, her fingers slammed on the keys.

*********

"That's how she got her name?" Vaughan asked.

Alpha Trion nodded. "It was also how she earned her unique ability."

"Her super powers!" Daphine beamed.

"She blew the audience away with her playing. Since that day, Remix has focused her attention on music, creating a new era for Cybertronian music."

"Okay, but how does that tie in with Vaughan being Remix?" Jazz asked. 

"Simple. Jazz, Blaster, you two knew Remix best. Where was she before she and her band mates were, killed, after their last performance?" Alpha Trion asked.

The two musical Autobots looked at each other, each thinking of an answer. Blaster was the first to speak up, snapping his fingers. "Hang on! Didn't she say something about visiting Crystal City?"

"Yeah! She was there for a..... what is the term?" Jazz added.

"Baptizing." The old Cybertronian clarified.

"That was it!" Jazz realized, his visor flashing.

"You guys have that back on Cybertron?" Spike asked.

"Yes. It's similar to what you humans have. For ours, when a Cybertronian is baptized, then when their time has passed, Primus will take him or her to the Well of Allsparks where he has plans for them." Alpha Trion explained.

"And you think Primus' plan for Remix was to become a human?" Margret asked with confusion. 

"Oh I didn't think Mrs. Witwickey, I knew." Alpha Trion clarified.

"How did you know my last name?!" She gasped.

"It was foretold to me." he replied.

"In the Covient of Primus." Vaughan stated.

"Yes. After Remix was murdered I was spark broken. So Primus sent me a message through the Convent stating that Remix's life was taken away too soon. While he couldn't bring her back to Cybertron, he discovered another method of life for her. A life where she could live freely and safe from the Decepticons." He explained. 

"Right here on Earth." Josh murmured.

After a epiphany came to mind, Vaughan stepped away from her parents, and walked closer to the screen. 

"Alright, answer this. The Decepticons started this project, naming it after her. Soundwave gave me her powers. What does all of this have to do with him? They were rivals, right?" Vaughan asked.