05 | try not to lose it

It's yet another day of work where I have to subject myself to waking up at seven in the morning for a reason that isn't me meeting and marrying Chris Evans

And/or Chris Hemsworth.

I'm not picky.

"Yo," At the muffled sound, I pop my head into the bathroom to see Cassie flossing her teeth, "You gotta hair tie? I lost all of mine."

I arch a brow, thinking about how the three packs that she'd gotten just at the beginning of the year, "All of them?"

She hums in confirmation, "I don't know where they keep going."

"Well, they're not getting up and walking away, that's for sure." Cassie rolls her eyes at my tone before I nod, "Yeah, I got some. Just try not to lose it. Sky, are you ready?"

Sky comes from within her bedroom, her hair pin-straight and make up done. She has a job interview today and seeing as my work starts at the same time as her interview and the fact that my car is in the shop, she's gonna drive me and then pick me up later.

"Yeah." She announces, car keys and phone in hand. She's texting away with who I assume to be Ian and walking past me.

Cass rolls her eyes, "That girl gon' trip on them texts one day, I swear."

I laugh and kiss her cheek, "See you later. Remember to record class for me."

"Yeah yeah," She waves me off and throws away her floss. "Tell lover-boy hi for me."

As if on cue, my phone dings with a text from a certain person I'd been trying not to think too much about since Saturday's night out.

The night ended off with the boys following us out to the car and us all exchanging numbers

The night ended off with the boys following us out to the car and us all exchanging numbers. Needless to say, after Case and I spoke a bit in the bowling alley, I was kind of excited to get his number - especially since he was so eager to give it.

Maybe it's his hoe behavior - maybe he hopes to get something from me but so far, it's been all genuine conversation.

Trust me, I know all about his hoetivities - too many of the girls I overhear at mixers and senior events have talked about him and his lack of text-back game and leaving them on read.