(ENGLISH)JAPANESE URBAN LEGENDS:Questions of death

There is a rumor spreading across the streets of Japan about a woman named

 "Kuchisake-Onna" also known as the slit-mouthed woman.

It is known that a beautiful woman whose husband is a samurai caught her cheating with a younger and more handsome man than him.

Enraged and furious her husband took his sharp sword and slice her mouth from ear-to-ear and cursed her to never die.

"Let's see if people will think you are still beautiful".Her Husband said in anger.

Pain and anger consumed her for she now knows that she is no longer a beautiful woman like she was before.

And as she wanders off in the streets of Japan she makes sure that people will also be like her.

Days past by after the incident and the residents of Japan started reporting about some encounter with a beautiful young woman with a surgical mask.

She might seem normal to others but once you get close to her she will grab you and will ask you a question.

"Am I pretty?"

If you replied "no" she will pull a large pair of scissors and will cut your mouth from one ear to another leading to your death making sure that you will meet the same fate as hers.

But is you said "yes" she will pull off her masks and will make you look at her gruesome mouth and will ask you again.

"Am I pretty now?"

Saying yes or no will give you the same fate as to those who replied negatively at first glance at her wounded and cheekless mouth.

Be careful!

Especially that nowadays people wearing masks are very common.

You'll never know if you are talking to Kuchisake-Onna.

Some say that once you encounter her there is still a chance for you to escape.

saying "so-so" which means average will make her very confused giving you chance to outrun her or escape from her grasp.

But if she catches you.....death will soon meet you.