Town line

David and I make our way to Regina's house where we knock on the door and quickly enter as soon as the door is open wide enough for us to fit in.

"Tell us. About this." David holds up the raggedy old hat that once was the key to opening a portal.

"Surprised you don't have armed guards around the clock." She says with a grin.

"Don't need them. We all know if you step outside there's a line a mile long for your head."

Regina shuts her front door.

"Who's going to risk coming at me?"

"I would but frankly we need you." I smile at her in an annoying way.

"Take your chances then. I think that little wallpaper trick was an anomaly. If you had your abilities back this whole town would be charcoal by now. Your having problems with magic. Aren't you? Right now the only thing keeping you alive is that Henry wishes it. Now this." He says bringing the attention back to the hat.

"It's the hat that pulled your love ones away."

"Well thank you Regina for that totally useful information." I sigh rubbing my forehead as I follow her throughout her home.

"Well where did you get it." David asks.

"I've long since forgotten. You know what? Maybe you should be less concerned with hats and more concerned with taking care of my son."

"Maybe you should be less concerned with trying to make everyone afraid of you and more concerned with what Henry would think if he were here right now." I glare at her.

"Because you took such great care of him." David nods.

"I will not listen to child care lectures from a man who put his daughter in a box and shipped her to Maine." She sneakily remarks.

"Because you tried to kill her..." I retort.

"Ok listen I need my family. There's magic here know there had to be ways to follow them." Charming tries to diffuse the blooming argument.

"Follow them where? Into a soul sucking airless void and good luck getting magic to work. Because as you said you'd be charcoal." Regina smiles.

"Frustrated are we? Served you right. You burned every bit of this." Charming grins back.

"Keep on baiting me charming. Right now I don't have magic and I don't have my son but when I get one I get the other and you don't want to be around when that happens." She threatens.

"If you have to use magic to keep your son you don't really have him." David fires back.

David and I leave the house soon after this.

"Not much help is she?" I ask sarcastically.

"Never has been never will be." He shakes his head.

I laugh at that.

"You know I may be pretty old but my memory isn't that bad. You worked on the Jolly Rodger. We needed Hooks help once. So who is it the man who gave you that ring? There's only so many men on one ship that got stranded in never land for a century."

"It was him, 'Hook' but I'd appreciate it if you didn't say anything to anyone. I'd prefer to keep being friends with everyone. I don't know how they would feel about me being with an 'enemy'"

"Sure but it's going to come out sooner or later there's only so many places he could be and you did promise Henry you'd find him. Also you are extremally nice for someone who by association is an 'enemy'"