Everything changed when I found you

Start from the beginning

"We're sorry about that," Kirishima winced. "We wanted to surprise Midoriya. He's been stuck in here all this time and we missed seeing you at work so we came by."

Izuku cast a smile once again at the thoughtful actions of his friends.

"Well I'm fucking hungry," Katsuki announced, scrubbing the back of his hand over his tired eyes. "You assholes want anything, I'm going to make something?" he added after a rather large pause with a very unenthusiastic look as though he regretted his offer.

"That's very hospitable of you Bakugo," Hagakure acknowledged.

"Yeah well whoever wants anything is going to help make it so get your asses over here."

Kirishima, Tsuyu and Hagakure all shuffled along after Bakugo into the kitchen, scared to be ordered around by the blonde though also craving something to eat. Izuku began to follow too, his stomach already grumbling – he knew how good Katsuki's food was, though now thinking about it he hasn't ever told that to his face – until Katsuki stopped him entering the kitchen.

"Except you," he said, putting a hand out against Izuku's shoulder.

"Why not?" the greenette asked.

"You're an awful cook—"

Izuku feigned hurt, "ouch—"

"—and this," he tapped Izuku's forehead, "not being able to see isn't going to help that either."

"But I made Miso soup," Midoriya protested with a playful pout.

Katsuki shook his head, refusing. "You literally opened a packet and heated it up. Anyone can do that."

"But you have a cold."

"Had," Katsuki emphasised. "I'm fine now."

Izuku's eyes narrowed, his lips pursed in a thin line. "You always make food for the both of us."

"And I'd rather it stay that way if I want to not get poisoned."

"But—"

"Nope."

"I—"

"Nu-uh."

"Why—?"

"End of discussion. I'm hungry so let me make food."

Izuku paused purposely for a prolonged amount of time. "Fine then," he huffed, defeated.

Katsuki turned away to attend to the mad chaos happening in the kitchen, no doubt to sort them all out and lecture them on how to properly prepare the meal.

"I'm guessing a lot happened while you two have been here?" Uraraka asked.

Izuku turned to her, sitting down beside her on the sofa. "What do you mean?"

"I'm surprised to see you not at each other's throats. You seem to get along better than when you did as kids....it's nice to see that."

"Oh yeah. As much as he'll willing to disagree, he's actually changed a lot – we both have. I guess once we finally started to actually communicate with each other like All Might said, it's easier to actually talk and interact and live together."

"He definitely cares about you, although I'm sure if you tell him that he'll blow your face off."

Izuku's head tilted to the side. To him it seemed strange to hear those words come from his friend's mouth. He cast his mind back to the very beginning of their time together recalling how Katsuki had tended to and bandaged Izuku's wound when he cut open his hand on a glass bowl. He remembered how Katsuki had made him speak out about his terrifying thoughts so that he wouldn't have to feel so suffocated by them by letting them out. He remembered how Katsuki had helped him through each panic attack, how he'd been there to calm him down. He remembered Katsuki helping him climb his way back up, helped him believe he could be a hero again and helped him train to do that.