Chapter 37

(Y/N) Pov

(Y/N): "Well then I think this meeting is over." I took my hand off my gun but was still ready to grab it. 

Ironwood: "The next time we have a battle as important as Menagerie I expect you to be there!" He yelled at me as I stepped into the elevator. 

(Y/N): "I don't think you understand general..." I pressed the button to go to the bottom floor. "You'll never have another battle as important as Menagerie." As the door to the elevator closed I felt a wave of relief wash over me. 

I leaned against the wall, letting out a heavy sigh, that meeting went about as well as it could've gone. That's not saying much though. As I got to the bottom floor I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

Nora: "(Y/N)!" Fucking hell! I looked around, embarrassed, trying to see if anyone saw me jump like a bitch. 

(Y/N): "Hey Nora! That was a very loud greeting." I laughed a little causing her to chuckle on the other end. 

Nora: "Yang and the mean girl are about to fight!" I could hear what sounded like an entire crowd cheering in the background. "The crowds getting amped up! You need to hurry!" 

(Y/N): "How many people are there!?" I was expecting a few teams I knew, but it sounded like a stadium on the phone. 

Nora: "Apparently the mean girl is famous so half the school came to watch!" Ok... as long as they're fighting in the gym arena I'll be fine. "Oh. Oh. Before I forget to tell you they're fighting in Professor Goodwitch's arena!" Shit. 

(Y/N): "What why are they fighting there!?" 

Nora: "Someone was already having a sparring match in the gym so this was our only option." I rubbed my forehead, trying to think of ways to fix this. 

(Y/N): "Goodwitch doesn't know yet, right?" As if life itself was trying to spite me I could hear Glynda begin yelling in the background. 

Nora: "Oh look she just got here!" I could hear her move the phone away from her face. "Hey Ms.Goodwitch! Are you here to watch the fight that (Y/N)'s hosting!?" Panic and dread filled my heart. 

(Y/N): "Nora don't tell her I hosted this!" I was mentally planning how long it would take to get to my room. 

Nora: "He's on the phone right now... ok!" When she paused the sound from her voice was replaced by the sound of wind, like her phone was being handed to someone else. 

Glynda: "Mr.(L/N)!" I looked around, worried that she was going to sneak up on me somehow. 

(Y/N): "Good morning Glynda." I said extra politely. 

Glynda: "Get down here and clear these student out RIGHT NOW!" She isn't the, kinda joking, type of mad. She's furious. 

(Y/N): "Listen Glynda I'm sorry that they're using our classroom to fight, but this could be a great chance to demonstrate fighting techniques." I was hopeful at first, but I could hear how unamused she was through the phone. "How about this fight goes on and I owe you anything you want?" 

Glynda: "Anything?" The lack of pause before she answered worried me. "And what do you mean 'Our' class?!" I was kinda hoping she hadn't noticed that.

(Y/N): "Well I've only helped with the class once but I am still the stealth instructor." If she could see the smug grin on my face she'd probably kill me. 

Glynda: "Why don't you come here to watch the fight and after we can discuss what anything means." With that the phone hung up.

Alright I have three options here...