Side Effects

Chapter 13

I was walking down the hall to class, while looking around, making sure I wasnt being followed by anyone.

"Hey, Hope, you ok?" I turned around swiftly at the feeling of someone's hand on my shoulder, flipping them over by that hand I  jumped on top of them holding my fist out towards their face.

"Oww..." Landon groaned. "Oh my God, Landon im so sorry!"

I held my hand out, waiting for him to grab it and once he did I pulled him up. "Im so sorry, I thought you were somebody else and-"

Landon stopped my rambling by grabbing my shoulders "Its fine, next time I'll call your name a couple more times or something."

A comfortable silence fell over us as we stared at eachother not knowing what to say "Hope, is something going on?"

"What? No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, im fine Landon, trust me"

"Well... Um, there was an attack and Dr Saltzman wanted me to get you"

"OK, Yeah. Well I better go, bye Landon" I dashed down the hall still looking around at my surroundings as I arrived at Alarics office.

"Whats the problem?"

"Come with me"

Alaric lead Josie, Lizzie and I deep into the woods where we found a couple bodies, supernatural bodies, werewolf, vampires and probably even witches.

"Someone is hunting you"

I furrowed my blows as Alaric looked at me before he directed his eye sight towards the scene. I walked closer, trying to see what he was looking at that lead him to believe they were coming for me and thats when I saw it.

The Mikaelson logo burnt into the ground with an arrow pointing towards the school, this was obviously magic.

What was the reason behind killing these supernatural beings? If they just wanted me.

I was staring at the logo when I caught a wiff of something in the air.

"Do you guys smell that?"

The 3 of them replied in unison with a simple "No" while looking at eachother in confusion before looking back at me.

I closed my eyes as the veins under them began to grow, it was blood. Fresh blood.

"There is another body"

I took a deep breath trying to control my self. I was losing control anyway until I felt soft hands on my shoulders. "Hope, you're going to be fine"

I opened my eyes which I could see in the reflection of Josies, they were yellow with a black tint around them.

"Josie stay with Hope, me and Lizzie will go find the body."

"Alright, be careful dad"

My eyes changed back to blue as I focused on Josies breathing, it was calm and slow.

"I cant control myself, Jo. Its not safe around me"

"If it wasn't safe around you, I'd know"

"Im a monster" I bowed my head in disappointment as Jo and I sat down.

"You're not a monster, you're a Mikaelson."
I looked up at Josie wondering what she was getting at when she continued "And from what I've heard... Mikaelsons don't give up, you shouldn't give up on yourself either, Hope."