Chapter 6 Stress

I woke up in a tight embrace as memories of last night flooded my brain. I felt Lizzie began to stir awake so I quickly removed her arm from my waist and got up

"Hope? What are you.. No.. We didnt..." The Blonde groaned in her raspy morning voice.

"Yeah.. We kind of did" I sighed. Why does this keep happening to me when I'm drunk?!

I watched Lizzie as she got up quickly looking at me horrified. It wasn't exactly the look I wanted to wake up to. "I better go..." Lizzie mumbled grabbing her old clothes off the floor before rushing out my room leaving me alone.

I sighed looking at the empty bed. Then I slid down the wall.

I felt sick, vulnerable and weak. My hunger was getting stronger every day. I dont know why, I drink about 4 blood bags per day and thats more than a normal vampire does.

I continued to sit against the wall, not realizing how long I'd been there until I heard a knock on the door. Why can't people just leave me alone?

"Go away" I groaned demandingly not even caring about who it was.

"Hope, you missed first period" Josie called from behind the door.

"OK and im fine. You can leave now" I said hoping she'd walk away so I could continue staring into space. Instead she siphoned the magic from my door and opened it letting herself in.

I was still by the wall in the far corner so she had to look around before spotting me in which she frowned before walking my way. "Whats wrong?" The brown eyed brunette asked worringly.

"Nothi-

"Stop pushing everyone away Hope!" The brunette shouted causing me to whip my head in her direction.

I sighed as the tight expression left my face. "Im hungry all the time and the blood bags don't seem to work" I bowed my head fiddling with the rings on my fingers, something I do often and mindlessly most of the time.

"Maybe it's the animal blood"

"Probably" I muttered.

"Here" Josie held out her arm infront of me gesturing me to take a bite. "Are you crazy?!" I jumped away angry that Josie would even consider the idea of me taking her blood.

"No, im not crazy but you need blood dont you? So im giving you mine"

"You're crazy" I scoffed leaving Josie behind in my room as I stomped down the hall.

I headed toward the back exit of the school, I was hungry and Josie was right. I needed blood, so I walked in the direction of where town was located.

I grabbed someone who was walking alone and compelled them not to scream as I lead them into a dark alley where I dug my fangs into their neck.

I felt the blood swirl in my mouth as it traveled down my throat I never tasted something so good but so soft and warm.

I let go of their neck just for a second to get some air before chomping back into it draining them of blood, unable to stop.

I savored every bit of blood left in them before dropping their lifeless body to the ground. Then I heard footsteps heading my way.

"Hope!" Someone called.

I quickly throw the body into the forest near by with my vampire strength getting rid of it.

I took a few deep breathes trying to get my fangs to retract and the veins under my eyes to disappear. It was harder to contain control this time than any other time.