Chapter 33: Peter's Past

Start from the beginning

"Tch, you guys always compare me to this stone hearted freak!" Peter pointed to Cassien, "I'm not like him and I will never be like him! Don't you guys understand that? I'm my own person I'm not Cassien, just because I was born of royalty doesn't mean I loved it! Do you guys even understand how much I dreaded it! That's probably the same reason why Lyrica left as well!"

"Peter don't you dare say that!" The Empress snapped.

"What? Honestly I'm glad she left because she won't have to deal with the same shit I have to deal with everyday." Peter said back to everyone at the table. He got up from the table and threw his dinner napkin on the floor.

"Peter what are you—" Cassien tried to reach out to him, but he smacked his hand away.

"You know I hated you the most Sien, even now." Peter said to his face, "If you guys really cared about me you would understand how I feel for once. But, you guys just love to compare me to this guy over here. He's pretty much your only son at this point since you guys shipped me away out of the country." Peter then marched out of the dinner room with his fists clenched.

"Peter get back here!" The Emperor yelled out.

"Peter just talk to us!" The Empress added and she got up from the table about to leave until Cassien stopped her.

"Wait let me go talk to him." Cassien got up from the table and exited the dining room. He saw Peter's back and ran up to him, "Hey come back. Don't run away ag—"

"Run away? Of course because I always run away." Peter turned back to face Cassien, "You know if you were really my brother you would defend me from this. Ever since I came back I actually thought you had changed. But, maybe you changed slightly because of Lyrica. Now that she is gone you have to revert to your old self." He gripped his fists, "You weren't even doing it just because that's how you felt. You were just listening to her because you didn't want to upset her...Well look now, you made her upset through your own actions and now you're going to lose the brother you never cared about as well."

Cassien couldn't say anything to Peter when he heard what came through his mouth. Instead he stood their blankly.

"Even now you have nothing to say huh. Yea good luck being the ruler of this damn Empire. Because it seems like that's all you care about at this point." Peter walked away from his brother and exited the palace.

- 1 hour later -

Peter knocked on the door of someone's house and the person opened the door. It was Mr. Hendrix and he was dressed in his pajamas and half awake.

"Nope." Mr. Thomas was about to close the door when he saw Peter's bags until Peter stopped him.

"W-Wait! C'mon let me just stay here. Plus I brought some food?" Peter showed him the bucket of fried chicken he bought, "You know you want it!"

"Fine get inside." Mr. Hendrix let him inside of his house.

Peter walked into the house with his bags and chicken. He walked over to the black dinner table and placed the food on top of the table.

"What kind of sides did you get?"

"Uh Theres mashed potato's and I think there is some collared greens in there too." Peter opened the bag to reveal the contents inside.