Chapter 17.2 : Antagonist

Jeannette's POV

A sudden glow flashed, followed by a highly strong force that had me on the ground.

"Ack!"

What the.... What's happening...

The glow stayed everywhere for a long time, until it finally disappeared.

What in the world..

The  next thing I knew, Claude was awake.

Papa...!

I wanted to speak, but I couldn't. I was so horrified and surprised by my sudden inability to speak.

I wanted to scream, but then again, I couldn't.

Then what followed next was my hand fading, I was terrified.

I couldn't scream, talk, I couldn't even stand. The only thing I could do was turn my head, and move my hands.

A realization hit me, though. It was something I'd learned long ago when uncle(Duke Alpheus) wanted me to learn complex subjects for me to be crown princess.

It was about some kind of weapon.  Apparently it was strong enough that could kill the gods themselves if they so desired.

Every since I learned to control my magic, I was so happy since I knew I was the so called weapon.

However, now I knew, it wasn't me all along... It was... The antagonist, or so I thought...

It was also then that I realized.. I was never the protagonist.

I antagonized everyone, and it was ironic for me to still think that I was the protagonist in this story.

The truth, however, was that I became the very thing I swore to destroy. I was the villain.

----------------------------------

Basically this is the end of the story. I'm sorry for rushed and disgustingly worded chapters like Chap 17, but I wanted to rush bc I have like- 2 fanfics planned....

Anyways, there will still be side stories and epilogues, of course. But don't expect it to be as long as regular chapters :> hope u like jeannette pov.