Chapter 4: Devastation and Debutante

Lucas' POV

I took a liking on one of the places in the palace, so today I went there after the tea. I walked towards the tree, ready to take nap, when I heard someone yelling. I could tell it was the princess. She seems to be upset. Again the rumors contradicted with what I saw. This Athanasia didn't seem to respect Claude, let alone love.

For a while it was quiet until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see the princess.

The bright sun complimented her pale white skin, and her long, glowing hair.

After a bit of insulting each other, the princess wanted me to teach her magic. At first, I thought that she was shameless, but I decided to agree since I saw the potential in her, and since her mana flows are quite strange, I was curious about her, since she seems to be so different from before. I think this has something to do with time, and dimensions. But then again, I still don't know.

Claude's POV

After doing some of the paperwork, I decided to have some fresh air. I couldn't help but feel annoyed about that fool. To think that she'd fake amnesia and think that I'd fall for it.

As I was thinking, someone bumped onto my back.

I turned around to see the person I was just thinking about. Athanasia.

After a bit of small talk, I finally confronted her, and her reaction was just as I expected.

"E-Excuse me?"

However, the following, I didn't expect at all.

After she snapped at me, she just left me there in silence, without looking back. It was then that I realized that she'd changed. And I changed her.

----------

I went back to my room,and decided to do some paperwork to get things off my mind.

After a while, I heard knocking on the door.

"W-w--what are you doing!?! Felix!!"

My eyes widened, it was Athanasia. I hurried to the door somewhat happy
that she came to see me. I couldn't understand this feeling. I opened the door to see the both of them playing around. It felt unpleasant that Felix was closer to her than I am.

After scolding, an sending Felix away, I decided to hurry and finish my paperwork so that I could have tea with Athanasia, but, "I'll get straight to the point," She broke the silence.

"I want to learn-"

"Learn whatever you want." I interrupted her.

I wanted to learn her know that she could learn whatever she wants, or do whatever, so that she could be happy.

However, to my surprise, she wasn't that happy, and wanted to leave.

I wanted her to stay for tea, but I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. I even finished my paperwork, but she already left.

I lowered my head, what is this feeling? I felt empty, just like how I did when Diana died. Wait, Diana?

I fell silent.

"I thought I had forgotten about that wench a long time ago."

I had one of those headaches again.

--------------------------------------------------

Athy's POV

Three days had passed without seeing Claude, nor that warlock. It was finally the day of the debutante.