Chapter 14: The beginning of the End

Jeannette's POV

After mister and I planned out every bit of how we'll get rid of the antagonist, I was finally comforted, therefore I felt ready to go home.

Once I arrived in the palace, I bumped into Claude, taking a stroll.

"Ah! Papa!" I called out excitedly.

To my disappointment, he looked at me like how he used to look at Athy. With disgust.

"Hah, you have the audacity to stay in this palace after all the things you've done?" Claude glared at me.

The other men flinched along with me.

This is humiliating...

"P-papa.. Don't joke like that. Hehe..." I tried to not be humiliated.

"Joking? Ah, I see what you're doing... You illegitimate daughter of a b-"

"P-Papa!" A familiar voice called out.

We all turned to see Athy.

No.. No.. This is the absolute worst! The antagonist is going to use this opportunity to humiliate me..!

However, Athy never did.

Ha, that pretentious backstabber!

I was about to reveal her true nature, but daddy brought up something I couldn't ignore.

"That she's not my real d-"

NO! JETTIE THINK FAST.. THINK FAST..!

"AAAAHHHH!!" I screamed.

"P-papa and I aren't feeling well..!" I ran away.

I just kept running and running.

I'm doomed.. They're all bewitched by her.. SHE HYPNOTIZED THEM..!

I slammed my room door open and shut it when I got in. I knelt beside my bed, crying.

"Hic... Hic..." 

I heard a knock on the door, and a voice said, "P-princess..? Are you okay?"

"....hic.. Leave.. hic.." 

"Yes..."

"I need to make my move fast... hic.. I need to learn hic.. how to control the magic.. hic.. inside me... hic.." 

The only way I can win is to control my magic, just like how mister said...

"Yeah.. no need to cry, protagonists always win.."

But what Jeannette didn't know was that not all stories have good endings.

Claude's POV 

"Hey." I heard a voice in the room.

What.. I didn't allow anyone in..

I looked up to see the young warlock. I refrained from complaining why he was here since he was the one who gave me back my memories.

"Why're you here." I asked, glaring at him instead.

"Chill, I need to report something to you.." The warlock walked towards me.

"What."

"Y'know that fake daughter of yours?"

"...You can call her a bastard child." I corrected him.

"Yeah, that. I need to inform you that she is using black magic."

"...You already told me that."