Chapter 7: Visit

Athy's POV

After leaving Claude and a bunch of frozen guards on the ground, I headed to the dungeons.

'Should I have said goodbye to Lily before coming here..?'

I wondered.

I was so isolated from everyone, I went in and locked myself.

This is it.

I wasn't able to change Athanasia's fate no matter what I did. Maybe I should've tried acting cute in front of Claude, but it's a little too late now since when I first came here I only had 3 days before Jeannette would come.

How unfair..

I thought. If I was going to be reincarnated, they should've given me enough time, or perhaps make me the protagonist. Just what did I do to deserve this?

Of course, I didn't know what to do. I could easily escape right now since I've learned teleportation. I felt empty though. If I teleported, I don't think I'd  have somewhere to go. I could have counterfeit money and disguise myself, but it's not all about those. What I wanted was to see Lucas, Lily, and Felix.

I sat on the cold ground, not caring if it was dirty, nor if it was the right etiquette. It didn't matter now, I'm being framed and for sure they wouldn't want me as a princess anymore. I was now a criminal, so etiquette doesn't matter now.

I hugged my knees and buried my face in it dejectedly.

I was able to make Athanasia live for more moments but that's about it. I know he's preparing my execution.

I sat there more as the silence slowly suffocated me. My heart felt strange. It felt like it was going to burst, and I took heavy breaths to prevent it from doing so. However, no matter what I do, nor how many breaths I take, I couldn't get rid of this feeling.

Out of nowhere, a flash of light came into my vision, making me look up. 

My eyes widened as I said, "Lucas..?"

"Athanasia."

"I- Why are you here..?" I asked pathetically.

"I was suspecting that you'd be here ever since I heard what happened."

"Ah, so you heard.." I forced a smile, looking down.

"Athanasia," I could tell he pities me.

I looked up, waiting for him to continue, tilting my head.

"Are you okay?" He continued, with a look of concern.

"Ah, I.." I was kind of surprised of the sudden question, I never expected that out of him.

Lucas was the type to always tease me, it was like that throughout the years we've been together. Therefore, I never saw this side of him.

The feeling in my heart was getting heavier and heavier the moment he asked that. 

"I..." I didn't know why I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.

My throat felt unpleasant. I was just too speechless.

"Atha- Ah.. A- are you okay..?"

As he said that, my vision got blurry, and eventually I could feel something warm on my face. The feeling in my heart was finally out. I could feel a  wave of emotions just bursting out. I touched my cheeks to feel something warm and wet. I was crying again.

This time, however, I just felt like I could never stop crying. I just kept sobbing and sobbing in front of Lucas, not even embarrassed. I let all of my emotions that I've suppressed all these years out. I was crying uncontrollably.