ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ《6》

Start from the beginning

Kou shouted in the direction of the on his phone. He was currently driving the scooter, with Amanda riding behind him, holding the phone up to his mouth. Almost there was no cars passing by them. The two were starting to see the lights of scattered houses along the dark prefectural road. They were now heading for an area between the slopes of the
mountains, where the lights are concentrated. The  Yugi Shrine, the site of the autumn festival.

"Amane! she wants to talk to you."

"Hello? Yashiro?!" Amane put the phone to his own ear.

"Waaaaaah! Amane-kun!" Nene sounded like she was already in tears. "Do I really have to do this?!"

Her anxious voice sent a pang through Amane's heart. After all, the three of them were doing something really illegal. But deep down, Amane was glad that he has friends who would do something like this for him.

"Yashiro, I'm sorry, but I'm begging you! Please!" At this point, that's all what Amane could say. "I'll never ask you for anything else as long as I live, but if we don't do this, a lot of people are gonna die! Once you start the announcement, repeat it for as long as you can!"

There was no response. All he could hear from the receiver were little muffled sniffling noises.

"Yashiro? Yashiro!"

Amane started getting nervous. "Nene!"

Abruptly, he heared a tiny voice. "Okay! Agh, I don't even care anymore! You tell Kou-kun that he better buy me something, too!"

"What'd she say?" Kou asked.

Putting the smartphone in his pant pocket, Amane yelled back loud enough to be heard over the scooter's engine. "That you better buy her something, too!"

"Alright, let's do this!"

Kou shouted determinedly, as if trying to suppress something. At that moment, behind them was a bang like a big firework bursting.

Kou stopped the scooter and look back. So did Amane. More explosions came after another, all the hallway up the mountain where they were just a few minutes ago. Thick black smoke was starting to risie. In slow motion, an enormous transmission tower began tilting.

"Kou...!"

Amane's voice quavered. He was really a criminal now.

Kou's breath was shaky, too. But it more sounded like a laugh.

There was then an even bigger explosion, and the lights of the town instantly go dark.

"Hey..." Kou intoned, sounding kind of dazed.

"The power's out," Amane said, stating the obvious. It look like their plan worked.

Suddenly, sirens well up, beginning to wail. The earsplitting noise reverberated from speakers all over town. It was an ominous sound, like a giant's scream, and it ricocheted off the mountains, pervading the area.

It was Nene. She had hijacked the wireless disaster prevention system

Kou and Amane both exchanged wordless nods, then straddled the scooter again. As the two race toward the shrine, the speakers that were broadcasting Nene's voice echoed around them. Slowly, calmly, as if her earlier tearful cries were fake, she delivered the message that (Y/n) had came up with.

"This is Town Hall. An explosion has occurred at Itomori Substation. There is a danger of further explosions and forest fires."

Kou's scooter goes off the prefectural road and climbed up a narrow mountain track. It was the gentler slope up to the shrine. In that way, they could take the scooter all the way to the back of the main building and avoid the stone stairs on the shrine approach.