ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ《5》

【ʀᴇᴇɴᴀᴄᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ】

I accidentally published this scene when I was still writing it. XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memories. That's what (Y/n) was seeing. She didn't know where she was or how she got there but she was seeing the memories of someone she knew.

In the midst of the indistinct floating sensation, the comet shone in the night sky. Without any warning, it then split, and half of it came plummeting down.

The meteorite stroked a village in the mountains. Many people die. A lake then formed. The village was destroyed.

Time passed by, another village grew up around the lake. The lake provided fish, and the heavenly iron provided wealth. The village prospered. Ages passed, and the comet arrives again. Once again, the star falls. People die once again.

People tried to remember it. They tried to pass on the knowledge to future generations. Using methods that would last longer than letters. The comet as a dragon. The comet as braided cords. The fracturing comet as the gestures of a dance.

Once again, ages passed.

(Y/n) could hear two babies crying.

"Your name is Amane."

A mother's gentle voice. Whispered so soothing towards one of her newborn twins.Then, with a brutal sensation, the umbilical cord was cut.

"You're both your dad's treasures."

"You're a big brother, Amane. Take care of Tsukasa for me..."

They were one happy family. But the happiness didn't last long when the mother fell ill.

"When is Mommy coming back from the hospital, Amane?"

The the younger twin's question was innocent, but the older twin knows that their mother was never coming back. Everyone dies. Death is inevitable, but it isn't easy to accept.

"They couldn't save her!"

The father grieved deeply. He had never loved anyone as much as he loved his wife, and he never will again. It was both a blessing and a curse that, as they grow older, his sons began to more and more like their mother.

"Taking over the shrine won't do any-"

"What are you saying?! Why do you think we formally adopted you when you married?!"

The father and grandmother were quarrelling more every day. Unaware that Amane was listening whenever they do.

"I loved Amari, not the Yugi Shrine."

"Get out!"

Both the father and the grandmother were too old to change their priorities. The father can't take it, and so he decided to leave.

"Amane, Tsukasa. From now on, you'll be living your grandma."

In a house that echoed with the click of ball-weights. The twins began their life together with their grandparent.

The days were peaceful. Even so, the feeling that his father has abandoned him and his brother had became an indelible stain inside Amane.

'So these are.... Amane's memories?' (Y/n) thought as she was being swept along helplessly by a storm-swollen torrent. She was experiencing Amane's time.