ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ《4》

【ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ】

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) move her pencil tirelessly. Carbon particles blended into the paper fibers, lines accumulate, and the once-white sketchbook grows darker and darker. Even so, (Y/n) felt like she couldn't managed to completely capture the sights from her memory.

Every morning, she took the train to school during the commuter rush. She sat through boring classes, eat lunch with her closest friends, Aoi and Akane. The route then repeats.

(Y/n) walk through city, looking up at the sky. Somewhere along the way, she noticed how the blue has grown a little deeper. Bit by bit, the trees lining the streets begin to change color, too.

In her room at night, she would draw. Somehow her so called Artist's block disappeared once her mind was made up of what she was going to draw. On her desk, lies a few stack of mountain guidebooks that she had borrowed from the library. She search the ranges of Hida on her smartphone, then look for ridgelines that match the ones she remembered. She keep her pencil in motion, trying to copy the images down onto paper.

Days pass by. Some days, rain would falls, smelling like asphalt. Some days shine with billowing clouds reminiscent of a sheep. Some days, strong winds would blow, peppering Tokyo with yellow sand. Every morning, (Y/n) would ride crowded trains to school. She would go to my part-time job. Teru still worked with her on the same shift. (Y/n) would often show him, her best to look at him in the eye, to smile and talk normally. Firmly, (Y/n) wanted to be fair to everyone that she wanted to show them that she was alright.

Some nights were as hot and humid as midsummer, while the weather were cold enough that she would wear her track jacket.

But No matter the temperature, when she was drawing. (Y/n) would often feels so hot that it feels like she have a blanket wrapped around her head. Sweat fell audibly onto her sketchbook. It blurred the lines she had drawn. But even so, the sights of the town, she saw as Amane were finally taking shape. Coming together, little by little, just the way she wanted.

On the way home from school and on the way home from work, (Y/n) would skip the train and take long walks. The scenery of Tokyo changes by the day. Before she know it, there were rows of enormous cranes in Shinjuku and the Outer Garden area around Meiji Shrine and Yotsuya, at the foot of the Benkei Bridge and partway up Anchinzaka Hill. Little by little, steel frames and glass had stretch up toward the sky. Beyond them, there was a blank, waning half-moon.

Finally as the time passed, (Y/n) now finished several drawings of the lake town.

She mentally prepared that she would leave in the weekend. With that resolution in mind, the young girl finally felt the tension drain from her stiff body for the first time in a long while. Even as standing up already felt like too much work, so she decided to slump over her desk.

Just before she could fall asleep, she wished hard. It has become a common routine after the switch stopped.

But even though, (Y/n) didn't woke up as Amane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days. That was how long she would be leaving to find him. (Y/n) packed up three days worth of clothings and her sketchpad in her backpack. Thinking that it might be a little cold once she get there, she decided to put on a thick (f/c) jacket with a deep hood. She tied her hair into a low ponytail with the long lucky cord and ten headed out of her apartment.

It was earlier than she would generally leave for school, it was 5am so the sun wasn't rising yet. The train was empty, although Tokyo Station was still teeming with people. (Y/n) lined up after some foreigners with wheeled suitcases and bought a Shinkansen ticket to Nagoya from the automatic ticket machine, before heading for the Tokaido Shinkansen turnstile.