chapter five.

❞FUCKING PRE-GRIEF!❞

✵✵✵✵

ALEX HAD DISAPPEARED, no note, no trace. Absolutely nothing. Alexandra Stark had left and Anthony Stark didn't know what to do with himself. He felt hopeless. He had made a promise with his daughter, after the battle in New York they'd go and get ice cream together. The big one, the sundae, that he never allowed her to get in fear of her getting a cavity. Three scoops of chocolate, all the sprinkles she wanted, with whipped cream to top it all off. 

"What's the conclusion?"

Natasha looked up at Tony, he didn't sleep much she knew that. He'd stopped sleeping altogether after New York. 

"We have nothing to go on," Steve said, pushing a hand through his hair, "Clint and Natasha were the closest to Alex when... when she disappeared. We're looking into this - this blue vortex thing but we're coming up empty."

Thor cleared his throat, "The blue vortex might be the workings of the Tesseract, but I don't think my brother triggered it."

"Your brother -!" Tony shouted, pausing just after the words were out of his mouth. He took a deep breath, no no I can't lose my cool, if I lose my cool I - I won't be able to breathe, "Listen, point-break, your brother brought down an alien army on New York, I wouldn't put it past him to use that glowing box to send my daughter to some hell dimension."

"Stark, I understand that you've lost your daughter, but all of us have lost her too," Natasha said, "Just... take a deep breath."

"I CAN'T TAKE A DEEP BREATH." He exploded finally, his hands shaking as he looked up at Natasha, "I have not been able to breathe since my daughter disappeared in that fucking portal!"

They were all silent. After all, you barely saw Tony Stark lose his cool so explosively. At most he cursed or threw a few small screwdrivers around. Tony Stark never screamed like this. But then again, Tony Stark had never lost his daughter like that.

Bruce spoke up, pushing a pen behind his ear, "I - I tried to replicate the vortex... it's - it's probably an atomic vortex, it requires a lot of energy to keep the vortex up but - but I can't keep it up for more than a few seconds."

"So what, Banner?" Tony looked at Bruce, his eyes turning red as the tears brimmed, "Do you want me to bring you some alien rock?"

"Tony, you need to take a step back," Bruce said, "We don't know the frequency at which the vortex works, and the energy issue is there, but you need to help me for the vortex to work!"

"WHY?" Tony slammed his hand down on the table, "ALEX IS FUCKING GONE!"

"YOU'VE BEEN MESSING UP OUR INVESTIGATIONS BECAUSE OF YOUR  FUCKING PRE-GRIEF!" Clint's fuse had been blown as well, "YOU'RE HALF-ASSING THIS SHIT BECAUSE OF YOUR SADDNESS!"