Chapter 32: The Auction

Start from the beginning

"He said he's running late. I don't even know if we should wait on him." Cassien sighed out.

"Isn't he your brother?" James had his arms folded to Cassien.

"Doesn't mean we can't wait any longer." Cassien replied back.

"Well we need to since you entrusted the money to him." Ariana smiled to Cassien, "Oh there he is right now."

Peter was running towards them and he was carrying a backpack on him.

"The hell is that?" Cassien looked at the bag he was carrying.

"It has the money duh, plus we need something to carry the plant in if we buy it." He explained.

"Fine let's just go in." Cassien placed his mask on that was given to Ariana. It was a blue mask decorated with golden jewels.

"Here's yours Peter and James." Ariana passed theirs and she placed her own onto her face.

They all walked into the entrance, there were staircases leading underground. There was a man who was very tall and built standing in front of the doors to the entrance. He almost looked like a statue to them, and he was wearing black sunglasses.

"Password."

"Uh..." Peter looked over to the rest of the group, "Any clues?"

"Nope." Grey shook his head.

"Not that I know of..." Ariana added.

"James." Cassien looked at him.

"Till death do us part."

"You may enter." The man opened the door to let the four of them in.

The four of them walked inside to the main part of the venue. Inside it looked like a mini theater and it seemed like around one hundred or more people were inside. All of them looked like they had came from the Oscar's based off the outfits they were wearing for the auction. They went into one of the bottom rows and sat down right at the front.

"There's a lot of people..." Grey looked around.

"I know, it seems like some people might be regulars based off the conversations I heard when we came in." Peter added.

"Everyone please be seated the auction will be starting shortly." A women announced and left the stage.

Everyone began to head towards their seats like ants in a line. One by one it started to get quiet as everyone got settled in. That's when a man with a white mask covering the top half of his face appeared.

"Everyone! Welcome to the midnight special auction! Many of you have heard of this very special auction maybe from a few of our guests who have frequently come here in the past. I hope you will be able to find what you are looking for." The man announced and bowed to the audience.

The audience clapped in a polite way when the man had finish he speech. They then got their signs ready in order to bid.

"Let us begin the auction!"

The auction was spread out into four different phases. The first phase started with vintage items from around the world. It ranged from grandfather clocks, to some old vanity mirrors. The second phase ranged of expensive clothes made from the finest wool, or some hand bags made with real leather. At his phase was mainly targeting the women in the audience. The next phase was the weaponry phase. Grey almost bought some items, such as a sword made out of a meteor from ancient times, but Cassien stopped him. The final phase was the last one on the list and the one they had been waiting for since they arrived.