3 - 11

Junkyu 

Maybe breaking my leg and having this itchy as hell cast was worth it, really, if just for this adorable moment right now where Mashiho is doodling on it before going to work.

"It was so plain and white," he says distastefully as his gorgeous little hand glides a purple marker across it in pretty swirls, his forehead creased in concentration. "Much too bland for you. You need more excitement."

I'm lying in bed and Mashiho is kneeling on the floor. I woke up to him doing this, which was an experience. He said he couldn't stand my cast not being decorated for one more day and he just had to do it before he went to work for his own peace of mind. He's crazy, sometimes. And quite possibly the cutest human being to ever exist.

He's already signed his own name in running writing, and has left ten more neatly spread out spaces for the rest of the members to do so, the first of which is filled up when Asahi walks past our room and asks what on earth is going on.

"Asahi! Come sign Junkyu's cast," Mashiho says absent-mindedly, still working on his intricate patterns.

So Asahi quietly walks over and does his official signature on one of Mashiho's allocated spaces. I roll my eyes. They're taking this very seriously. Then Asahi moves his orange marker to start his own artwork, but Mashiho aggressively slaps it out of his hand.

"What the hell?" Asahi stares at Mashiho in outrage, while I cover my mouth with my hand trying, and failing, not to laugh.

Mashiho's face is dead serious. "If you draw on it, then that'll make my drawings look bad. I have to be the main artist here. Go away."

Asahi laughs a little in disbelief, and stares at me for help. I smile sympathetically and shrug.

"Anyway, Mashi, we need to go like, now," Asahi says as he stands up, patting Mashiho on the back.

Mashiho pouts and looks up at Asahi with big puppy dog eyes. "Do I have to go?"

"No," Asahi answers, but then Mashiho gasps and jumps up.

"Yes I do, Doyoung and I think we're going to finish the Curse choreography today." He flashes me that smile of his that makes my heart melt.

I smile back at him. "Really? Already?"

"Yep. I move fast. Right, let's go!"

Mashiho starts pushing Asahi out of the room, but then Jaehyuk appears in the doorway, wearing his usual lopsided grin when he lays eyes on Asahi.

"Hey, I was wondering where you were. Ready to go? We just need to hurry up Hyunsuk and Jihoon, they're fighting about something to do with socks, I don't know," Jaehyuk says.

Mashiho grabs Jaehyuk's arm with one hand and shoves him a marker with the other. "Jaehyuk, quick, sign Junkyu's cast."

Jaehyuk looks confused at Mashiho's intensity, but goes to sign anyway. He makes the mistake of lowering his marker to a random spot not allocated by Mashiho, and Mashiho rants at him in an even higher pitched voice than usual as he shows him the right place to sign, and Jaehyuk can't stop laughing which just makes Mashiho more annoyed. He gets Jihoon and Hyunsuk to sign too, when they're ready to leave.

"Oh, Junkyu, by the way," Hyunsuk says as he writes his name in block letters and does a little sketch next to it. "Yedam's not feeling well today, and I've told him to come over to this dorm so that you guys can keep each other company. He'll be here soon."

"Oh no, what's wrong with him?" I ask.

"He's just got a cold, poor thing."

"And he's been a bit down lately, so you need to look after him even if you're crippled," Jihoon adds.