5 - 5

Junkyu 

Comparing the numbers and excitement this comeback compared to the last is laughable. It's crazy how many things we can do to try to boost Treasure up the ranks, but what we really needed for a wildly successful comeback that's beaten everything we've ever done before was... a photo of Mashiho and I reading fanfiction. Everyone was positively bubbling over with happiness on comeback day which made my heart fuller than ever, especially seeing how adorably proud Mashiho was of the streams Loud was getting in contrast to how sad and worried he was during our last comeback. We then went to Inkigayo on the weekend for our first stage of it, and I didn't feel dead or useless and I didn't make any mistakes. Lately, the members and dance instructors and even fans online keep complimenting me on how my dance skills have improved. I think making the choreography for Curse and being so passionate about it, combined with wanting to do amazing with Loud because I know how hard Mashiho worked on it, and on top of that trying to make up for all those months I was out because of my leg and catch up to everyone else, has made dancing something different for me. I'm not dreading the rest of our music show performances like I was last time. Getting up on that stage just makes me excited. The smiles I gave up there weren't just fake ones to match the cute concept. I was smiling on the inside too.

Just as I am now, a few days after our performance, when we've just wrapped up practising and Jaehyuk approaches me. "Junkyu, could you please come with me?"

Straight away I know something's up. Mashiho left the room the moment we finished rehearsal while the rest of us stayed to gather ourselves and chat a bit, and he didn't say where he was going, just darted straight out the door, which I thought was very odd. But now Jaehyuk's asking me to come with him somewhere, trying and failing to hold back an enormous smile, and I'm thinking these things are linked.

"Okay..." I eye him suspiciously and let him take my arm and lead me out of the room. "Where are we going?"

"To the roof," he answers, then stops in his tracks. "Wait, I'm not sure if I was supposed to tell you that."

I laugh. "I think I would've figured it out when we, you know, got there."

Jaehyuk sticks out his tongue at me, then gives my arm a tug and continues leading me to the roof. The longer we walk, I start to get more and more nervous. What's Mashiho planned? This is a Mashiho plan, right? Because if I don't find Mashiho up on that roof I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Thankfully, I'm not disappointed at all. We reach the roof, and there he is. Him alone is enough to make this moment everything, but on top of that there are fairy lights laid out in a circle all around the the floor, which is stable as ever and I know will certainly not disappear. His phone is set up with a speaker in the corner with no music coming out. It's freezing weather today, and it's very late at night, and I'm just in a t-shirt, but my whole body feels as warm as the beautiful lights that are making his skin glow like it's golden hour.

"Bye, then," I hear Jaehyuk whisper behind me, then he's gone and it's just me, Mashiho, the lights, the moon and the stars.

"What's all this?" I ask, my voice coming out two octaves higher than usual.

He starts to walk over to me but I get to him faster, scooping him up and kissing him before he answers. The whole universe is in his eyes as he gazes up at me.

"Well, I couldn't help but think how sad it was that we're only performing Loud on these music shows, and we don't know when the next time we perform Curse will be," he says. "And the last time we performed Curse, we both felt horrible. It was supposed to be a beautiful moment, but it wasn't. But what you created is so amazing it... it deserves a beautiful moment."

"Mashi..." I breathe, feeling my whole body soften and melt at his sweetness. "This is all very romantic... but you do realise that I wrote Curse based on how I felt loving you, right?"

He grimaces. "After everything I... yeah, I kind of figured. And it makes me feel so awful to think about because you know how I hate thinking about how you were in pain, under a curse, or anything bad because of me."

"It's not your fault," I point out, smiling so he knows I'm not upset thinking about it. Nothing can make a dent in my happiness now that it's over.

He bites his lip, then shrugs and gives me a cheeky grin and a wink. "So how about instead of focusing on the lyrics, you just focus on me instead?"

That's going to be extremely easy. When am I not focusing on Mashiho?

Then he steps back from me, bows and holds out his hand as if we're at some fancy, old-fashioned ball. "Kim Junkyu, my love, may I have this dance?"

This. Right now. This is the single best moment of my life.

"You may." I gently place my hand in his, and he raises it to his lips, delicately kissing it before darting over to his phone, pressing play and rushing back.

Who knew intense K-pop choreography could be just as romantic as a slow dance? I've done this routine so many times that I let my body take over, and in my mind I can just focus on Mashiho, the love of my life, who laid out fairy lights on the roof and offered his hand when asking me to perform this dance with him. Although there are no screaming fans, the night sky above and busy roads below are more than enough audience for us. Despite it being a serious song, every time we look at each other we can't help but smile. When it's time for our killing point move, and Mashiho pulls himself back up from arching his back so that we're face to face, I remember how badly I wanted to kiss him so many times when we rehearsed and performed this. A cold wind has picked up that whips at his bouncy blond hair, showing me his whole face; his pale skin in the moonlight and his slightly watering eyes from the wind, staring into mine not with the tension from our last performance of this, but with affection. The way he looks at me makes me feel wanted, special, loved... in a way that makes me finally, finally use this moment to kiss him. And when he kisses me back with unbelievable tenderness, I get this sense... the sense that he adores me. And after all this time of adoring him, this sense just about flips me inside out.

If I were to get really cheesy, I might even say that the curse has been lifted.

When we finish the dance I'm panting but not sweaty because any sweat I had immediately evaporated in the freezing wind that I can barely even feel. Mashiho quickly goes to turn the music on his phone off, then runs back and wraps his arms around me.

"I feel like I'm constantly in a derealisation when I'm with you," he murmurs so softly that not even the fairy lights would be able to hear. "Because everything is surreal now. It's surreal that you love me."

I get what he means, because that moment when he looked at me with the kind of love I thought only I could have for him was beyond surreal.

"But I really do love you," I whisper in his ear. "You are my love story."

And then he's kissing me again, and I'm simply euphoric.