~79~ Tough Love or Encouragement?

Start from the beginning

"What are you wanting to give me?"

"Tough love" he says with a smirk.

I nod. "Let's have it"

He nods and sighs. "I think how you just said it was a really dick way to say it"

I just look at him, confused.

"You don't get to have a life with just Sasha and Drew. Josie and Dylan are in your life too. That was YOUR decision. They're not an inconvenience, they're kids. Quit being so damn resentful of them."

"Also, when you're a parent, it's never about you. It sucks, but that's how it is. Those days are over. You put your family first, always."

"I do" I argue.

Liam nods. "Yeah, you're doing an amazing job. You just need to change your mindset. It's making you bitter."

"Dang. Guess I should have asked for encouragement" I say quietly.

"Ok, you got it. "You're doing an amazing job. I'm already seeing a huge improvement in Dylan. You handled it correctly with Josie. You FOUGHT FOR HER. Lance will get over it. Nobody will fight for your kids, YOU have to. You know how many times my mom pissed someone off to protect me? To
have my back? Josie would have been expelled if it wasn't for you. You did it RIGHT. You're also punishing her. You're not letting her get away with it. You're doing it RIGHT."

I sniff and look at my half-eaten sandwich.

"It's going to really suck when you don't live right next door anymore" I say after a couple minutes of silence.

"Why, you moving?"

I nod. "Hoping to in half a year. I've got enough for a pretty kick-ass ring. I've got my savings built back up. I'm about ready to ask her to marry me. That's why I went off, I think. Putting Jocelyn back in private school would have drained me. I would have been back at the bottom. I'm such an ass"

"Not an ass. You just want to be able to provide for your family"

"Well, it's my turn. Any problems I can help you with?" I ask, giving him a smirk.

He chuckles. "Well, once you leave, I'm gonna try to get back in with the group. The one-man band stuff is no fun. How does one get the energy for four times in a couple hour span?"

I snort. "Sounds like you're living the life if that's your only problem."

He shakes his head. "Yeah, well, it's been a hard year and a half. I'm glad that's my only problem." He says seriously.

I nod as I squeeze his shoulder. "Wish me luck"

"You don't need it. It's ok to be nervous, Mason. I was when I spanked Savannah for the first time."

I go over to Megan's house, and Wes opens the door right away.

"You ok?" He asks.

"No. Is she still over here?"

Wes nods as he moves to the side.

I go in, and see her sitting next to Izzy. They are both Freshman, and they have become friends.

"Let's go" I say darkly.

Josie says nothing as she stands up and follows me home.

When we get in the house, I ignore Taylor and Ellie's stares. "Is Sasha upstairs?" I ask them.

They just nod. "Come on" I say, grabbing her arm and going upstairs.

We get upstairs, and Dylan follows behind us. I look at him hard. "Go down and play the switch with Taylor"