Chapter 31: Awake

Start from the beginning

"Well, we can discharge her in about five days." The doctor said, "First she needs to work on getting better. But, you'll be fine. Luckily you didn't sleep too long so you should be able to eat, walk, run, dance, anything to your hearts content when you leave the hospital."

"Thank you." She said to the doctor. The doctor and nurse left and she was left alone with her Aunt, "Aunt Mei why are you here?"

"Lyrica the engagement with the Prince I want you to cancel it."

"W-What..." Lyrica was taken aback. Right when she woke up her Aunt was still against it, "But Aunt Mei I have a whole Debutanté—"

"Lyrica, I'm asking you this nicely." She crossed her arm and looked at her seriously, "When that boy comes here I also want you to ask him how you ended up like this."

Lyrica looked at her Aunt with a blank face, she didn't know how to respond. But, she also wanted to know exactly what happened. She looked away from her Aunt's gaze and instead focused her attention on the wilting flowers next to the window.

- 1 hour later -

"Lyrica!" Cassien came into the room with Peter and Grey.

"You guys." Lyrica smiled brightly towards them.

"Thank the founder you are awake." Grey smiled down at her, "How are you holding up?"

"A bit dizzy here and then, also a bit sleepy. But, I just woke up from my nap."

"Hey in no time you'll be able to go back out there." Peter reassured, "You know you have a lot of catching up to do. Also Aubrey said that all your friends miss you at school."

"School...The new semester just began by now." Lyrica remembered, "That also means badminton tryouts, games, tournaments...The doctor said I'll be able to do physical activity and be discharged in five days. So until then, I'll just mentally prepare myself." She then looked over to Cassien. She was surprised he hadn't spoken yet.

"Can I talk to you alone?" Lyrica said to him.

Cassien looked up and nodded his head, "Yea...That would be best."

"Well you two lovers just—" Peter tried to tease them until Grey grabbed his arm and started to drag him out of the room.

"Dont worry I'll make sure he learns his lesson."

"H-Hey!" Peter got dragged out and Grey closed the door behind them.

Lyrica and Cassien were in the room awkwardly. She didn't really know how to begin a conversation with him.

"L-Look if it was about that talk we had at the Banquet—"

"Wait what talk?" Lyrica had to remember and then it her hit her immediately what he was inferring to, "N-No!" She said flustered, "It's about something else."

"Oh..." Cassien didn't know how to respond to her during that time so he was a bit nervous.

"I...I want to know what happened to me." Lyrica said to him.

"What..." Cassien then shifted his eyes towards something else, "During the banquet..." he began, "Someone had poisoned you. We don't know how, but...That's what happened."

"Who did it?"

"The person...Was your uncle, the Duke."

Lyrica felt a shiver down her spine, someone so close to her tried to kill her and she didn't understand why. She didn't even know what to say to Cassien when she heard that, instead it looked like her soul left her body.