War

I felt the fire raging a havoc, burning down all the rational thoughts, the barrier of good, the reason for my years of resilient compliant towards their rulings looks, their tainted minds.

I was done standing in the shadows.

The lights that cast the shadows for me to take a shelter were no more.

With my head lowered and eyes burning rage, glued to the sullied ground that took my mother's life, I force myself on my feet. I clench my fists until a pool of hot liquid pours out, there was no one that could calm this raging storm and save me now.

But I wasn't worried for there would be no one that could save them too.

Those sinner Lycans.

I'll avenge you, mother. I promise myself.

"There will be no life existing on this land." I look up at my mother's face, eyes blurred with rage. "I will make sure that no one lives. I will destroy every being that stands on this ground."

Loud gasps echo the earth and their loud footsteps as they back away from me. But there was no place left for them to run, to hide. "I will kill every single one that was the reason behind my mother's death." My voice now booms as the wind howls around me, darkness now coating the skin of mine, dark black.

I turn around to face those who had sinned.

They stands cowered in fear from someone that was superior to them. Like they should have all those decades ago. This was what I should have done from the beginning. Make them all tremble in angst.

Make them all fall on their knees in terror.

"I will now pass my judgment on you."

Darkness flames brighter than the flickering light from the bonfire, my face twisted with hatred, I was unsightly, unholy. "And I plead you all guilty."

I take one foot forward and point my finger at them. "Death."

And I enjoy the look of horror on their faces, a crackling of butterflies' rampaging my belly. "You shall all be punished with death. That is your ultimate punishment."

And with elongating canines and claws growing sharper and longer, I was ready to befall the punishment that I proclaimed.

"Althea."

I close my eyes upon hearing that voice.

"But they sinned, Aries." I was not ready to let go of this fire raging a havoc in me. I had to let it burn.

"Listen to my voice Althea. Hear me out."

Gentle yet hard. Sweet yet somehow bitter. But it stops the commencement of my slaughter, my hunt. My hard breathing comes out as a growl, shoulders rising and falling as I breathe.

"Althea, my love."

The voice gets closer.

And a second later, the minty scent invades my mind and holds my heart and soul captive. I fall forward into his strong arm and warm embrace. And just like that I was home.

The fire in me dies down and I break into him as I seek solace deeper into the heat of his heart and the shadow of his soul. I seek for a remedy to my pain, something to soothe, to lighten the hurt that I was feeling so deeply.

"It hurts..."

He pulls me in tighter, arms wrapped around me, pulling me flush into him. "Aries, it hurts so much."

And I cry.

I cry out loud. I pour out the feelings that was sitting in my gut, that was poking my heart. I cry out loud for him to conceal my pain within him. For his heart to carry the burden of my tears. And I cry for the loss of my family.

Althea - The Dark GoddessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara