An Old Tale

After long hard weeks of convincing everyone and tearful blackmails, here I was, on the aisle of our private jet, looking down at the now tiny land beneath which was my home and saying goodbye one more time. It was harder for the male Lycans of the family to let me go but nevertheless, the females ruled over them. And this time I was glad that they did.

I got what I wanted. To go over to the world beyond and search for the answers. Find clues to the voices of my heart. To its calling.

Although I don't know what it was yet, but my heart was beating excitedly for a new journey. A new beginning. Or a continuation of an old one, just who knows.

There was this smile plastered on my face the second we took off. I couldn't contain it anymore. I had been hiding my excitement because I didn't want them to see my eagerness on wanting to leave home, them, my family. But deep down, butterflies were fluttering non-stop, making me feel all giddy.

"That's some long journey. I'm already bored." Egan starts complaining from the back, making me roll my eyes but I turn around to face him anyways.

"But aren't you excited, you get to see the world out there. The humans. The-"

"No. Not even a little. I was in the middle of my training, Zoe. I was learning how to control this freaking gift-" Right then, a gush of wind blows my hair away. "See what I mean?" He sighs and leans back on his seat.

I place my arms on top of my seat while resting my head on it. "Calm down Egan, you'll be fine. Just try to tone it down around the humans." I smile sweetly, clearly knowing what I was doing.

"Zoe." I turn around and drop on my seat just as a gush of wind blows past me. I hear a deep rumble from him which makes me smile even wider.

Well he was stuck with me now, so was Alex but I doubt he minds. He was more than ecstatic that he could come with me. And now that he was assigned to protect me, he was literally on clouds. Well the irony of all this.

Thanks to the overprotective Lycan males in the family. Aka my dad, granddads and my two uncles.

I close my eyes as I lean back against my seat with a wide smile still painted across my face. I could feel the light flutter in my heart, the consistent butterflies. This was what it wanted, wasn't it?

To go out there. And just be...

But deep down I know that there was more to it than just- this.

I don't know where it will lead me to, but I have decided to just listen to it and follow wherever it may be. Even if that somewhere may be to the end of the world. Or to the end of me. To my doom. But I hope that's not the case this time around-

This time?

My heart skips a beat before it starts fluttering again like crazy. My own thoughts don't make sense to me sometimes. As if my heart wasn't already going haywire, even my thoughts had to act insane now.

I exhale a big huff of air. I don't care anymore. Regardless of how many times it may be, whether be it my first or my last, this time I will be the winner.

Although I have zero clue who I'm up against or what I'm fighting for. But this time around, I will give my heart what it desires. No matter what.

After long painful hours of Egan just moaning about how bored he was and almost blowing us all away to the neverland, we finally arrive at our destination.

California.

The end of my misery and a beginning of something new. Or another misery.

I guess I'll just have to find out.

The blinding hot Californian sun greets me as soon as I take a step outside. But that isn't the only thing awaiting me. Just then, a gentle gush of air blows my dark hair across my face, blocking my view.

I turn my head to the side, closing my eyes as blurred images runs across my closed eyelids and my heart starts thumping loudly.

Shocked, I quickly open my eyes wide, unable to figure out what had just happened. Still collecting my thoughts, I take slow steps down the stairs, but the second my feet touches the land, a tingling sensation spreads all over my body like wildfire. Like it was trying to tell me something. As if it was waiting for me, to tell me a story, to unfold a truth of an old tale.

But whose?

Another gush of wind hits my face and this time, I snap my head back to stare at Egan who holds both his hands up with a blank look on his face. "Definitely not me. Although, it seems like I'm not the only one that don't want you here, Zoe." He brings his hands down and into the front pocket of his jeans while a big smirk stays on his face, as if he had just won a fight against me.

"Oh, yeah. But it seems to tell me otherwise." I smirk right back, wining him on his own game and make my way towards the sleek black car. "You know you don't have to be here. You can still go back any time you want, Egan."

"Yeah and have my mom kick me right back here. Not happening." He gets in the front seat while Alex and I get on the back. "I would rather wait for you to realise how pointless all this is so we can head straight back home."

He turns around and smiles sweetly and I mimic him while Alek chuckles at our silly bickering.

The rest of the ride was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. I watch the land packed with buildings after building, roads and streets crowded with vehicles and peoples. Humans. Werewolves. Lycans. And others well-hidden creatures. But one thing still remained the same.

The calm blue ocean.

No matter how hectic and congested it seemed, the blue waves remained the same. Humans littered around the golden sand under the same blue sky that held the ever-proud sun. So, I was not scared. Or nervous.

Well not yet.

It felt nice to be out here, outside of norm. Outside in general.

But as the car drove away from the crowd and into the empty road, a thought crept into my mind. Now what?

I had come here, away from home, amongst these humans and creatures hidden within them. In a world that I have only ever heard of. No less than a fairy-tale to a Lycan like me. So, what next? How will I know what I want? What was I even looking for?

When will my heart be content?

Will it ever be?

The smooth white three-story building comes to the view and all the thoughts leaves my mind. For now.

The sun's ray reflects through the glass walls which awakens me from my thoughts. Well I was here now. I'll see where I'll go from here. I had all of eternity to sort out my life. Well technically yes, but I had a bunch of Lycans waiting on my back, hoping for my return.

I had all the time, but I still didn't have enough. Even eternity seemed like an hour-long journey. I had forever yet I had only one chance to see this land. To hear its story.

A tale. An old tale.