Ancient Whisper

I wake up once again to a vast darkness that occupied the room around me. I blink a few times, pushing the sleep off my eyes and adjust them to my surrounding, an unfamiliar one to my eyes.

The air around smelled of a fresh breath of mint that my lungs was hungrily filling up with, almost as if it could never have enough. But what shocked me was the current that was zapping me the entire time. It wasn't one that caused me discomfort but one that sent delicious chills throughout my body and left me wanting for more. Just a lot more.

Finally, when I was conscious enough of my surrounding, my head a lot clearer, I feel the heaviness on my belly, a tingling sensation as a warm breath continues to blow against it. I suck in a breath, my heart once again starting to come alive. And in this silence, it was as loud as the roaring of a lion.

I slowly push myself up, my elbows on either side of the soft mattress that I was lying on. Holding my breath, I will myself to sit up enough to see the silky golden hair that laid on my naked belly, facing away from me.

My previous night's dress had been replaced by this soft white cotton shirt, but was pushed further up to my chest, my lower half bare apart from the small black lace which seemed to be the only thing covering me.

Even though, I should have been angry, furious that a stranger laid with me, on top of me, I was not. My heart just kept fluttering non-stop at the sight in front of me. A man whose face I had yet to see or whose name still foreign to my lips. A glimpse of those soft golden mane and my heart was on overdrive.

His touch was all it took to ignite a spark on my body like shock. A delicious shock.

My breathing gets laboured as I watch his sleeping form, the side of his face flush to my skin as he laid across the massive bed. One of his large palms right where his face was, covering my entire belly, holding me, almost possessively.

I tried unsuccessfully to sniff him out, of what he was, of what he could be. I just couldn't smell past the delicious minty scent that was radiating off of him. But one thing was for sure, he was no Lycan, nor a werewolf in fact. Even though there were traces of that scent lingering on him, it was fading with time, so he wasn't entirely one of them. So, who was he then?

What was he?

With great difficulty, I succeed in getting myself out of his hold. I stand by the foot of the large bed, looking down at him as he now lays alone, sprawled across the bed, the upper half of his body, bare and delicious, only for my sight. My heart curses me for being away from a man I barely knew, already missing those electric touches, warm embrace and even the possessive hold.

The scene in front of me broke my heart a little at a time. Within that huge surface of white sheets, he looked all alone and lonely, and it only made me want to jump right back and hold him close to me, to let him hold me as he wished. To forever-

No. What was I thinking?

For all I know, this man could be an enemy, a cold-hearted killer. I had to get away from him. From here. How did I even end up here?

My memories of last night were coming back in a blur and I struggled to put the pieces together, but no matter how unclear the pictures were, none of those pieces held a memory of him, of how we met, of what I was doing in someone else' house, in someone else' clothes.

Oh, my goodness, where even was my clothes? If I could even call it that. I frantically look around me in search for my black piece of treasure but find nothing. Not wanting to get caught now, I hold my breath as I tip-toed out the room after having one last look at the godly body that laid across the bed. Oh, how much I wanted to put my hands through those golden manes. How much I wanted to feel its softness against my fingertips. I-