𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Start from the beginning

"there you are! i brought you a mug of hot cocoa and look, i used little marshmallows to form a 'd' for donnie. man, have i changed."

jenna and valerie snickered, both of them getting rid of the laser-bo's they were training with before douglas interrupted.

"what are you doing?"

"just showing a little appreciation for my big brother."

"move your hair behind your ear," val ordered when leo pulled douglas aside.

"if you don't stop, he's going to figure out we snooped. now get out of here before you blow this whole thing."

"fine."

"no where were we...dad."

"oh, no you don't. he was my brother before he was your step dad."

"daddy, evil uncle is scaring me," leo muttered, scooting closer to mister davenport.

"alright, i know you two are up to something, now spill."

"okay, okay, we went through your briefcase. we know you're looking for a vice president."

"vice president?"

"yeah, your short list for number two."

"oh, right. right. vice president."

the tone in mister davenport's voice and the confusion written on his face as leo spoke intrigued the two teenage girls even more.

"don't worry, we're totally cool with you considering both of us."

"yeah, it makes perfect sense that you're choosing between a brilliant scientist and a teenage underachiever," douglas waved his arms.

"well, since my secret's out, i guess the only option is to move on to phase two: selecting the winner."

"and how are you going to do that?"

"by putting you both through an elaborate series of tests."

"works for me. may the best man win."

"yes. may the best man who hasn't tried to kill you and steal your children win."

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

"how are these tests going?" jenna asked donald, who had walked out of the elevator with a huge smile on his face.

"this is so much fun! do you two want to come join me for the next one?"

"does it end with either of them getting hurt?"

"yes."

"count us in," val jumped up, grabbing jenna's hand and running into to the elevator, waiting for the older man to get a water bottle and join them.

once the three made it down to the lab, mister davenport connected a bunch of wires to leo and douglas while jenna and valerie excitedly waited.

"now a good number two will be there for me when i need him, to help me test out new technologies."

"what exactly are we testing?" douglas inquired.