• | Chapter Thirty | •

Start from the beginning

The tips of his fingers lovingly ran over her bare shoulder while he kissed her temple. "I thought it would be another uneventful day too, until I thought about you."

She half-smiled and released a small giggle. "That sounded like something you would text me."

"It did, didn't it?" He chuckled along with her. He basked in some of the memories of when Riley would be concentrating on an assignment in his class while he sat at his desk, subtly typing either a lovey-dovey text or something corny just to make her laugh. The way her face lit up combined with trying to hide her bashful smile or her quiet laugh made it all worth it.

He leaned over and pecked her cheek as his thumb caressed the line of her jaw, then spoke, "I'm happy to be spending this moment with you."

"Me, too." She nodded with a small smile, reaching from underneath the blanket to caress his cheek tenderly and stare into his eyes. "You're the most beautiful man I ever met."

He looked away, blushing deeply, and shook his head. "Ry, don't start."

"You are!" She softly laughed at his high cheekbones turning a faint shade of red. "Beautiful isn't even the best way to describe you. You're just... perfect."

"I can say the same for you, Bambi." He said and pulled her closer to him until her head was resting against his chest. His chin was propped above her head. "Hey Riley, do you remember that day when I first came to your house?"

"Of course." She replied as she continued watching TV.

He stroked her arm underneath the blanket slowly and occasionally squeezing by her shoulder. "You were mentioning one of your exes. Is it that same guy that's been giving you trouble lately?"

"No, we never officially dated. Two different guys, but they're both assholes." She mentally scolded herself for ever giving them a chance with her. "Even though I don't really claim the other guy as my ex, his name was Mason and he was your typical nerd. But the things he did, you wouldn't have expected him to do. He's probably the reason why I was so low-key weird." She said, referring to the times where any words related to sex made her nauseous.

Michael's eyebrows deeply furrowed. "Weird?"

She shook her head and buried that part of her deep at the back of her mind. "Nothing. Anyway, he treated me like I was some naive little girl. I didn't know everything, but I wasn't stupid. He acted like the things he told and texted me wasn't the same bullshit I heard from almost every guy that tried to come onto me. Then he started sending me graphic photos and videos of him doing things, telling me what he wanted to do to my body, and other stuff about a month into the 'relationship'. Then he pulled the, 'if we're really together, then you gotta give it up'."

Michael's eyes crossed at the last line. He hated that manipulation stuff with a passion, and he would be lying if he said he didn't hear it at school sometimes. Fortunately, every girl that was fed that line shut the guy down and Michael felt like a proud father.

"So what did you do?" He asked her while looking at her.

She chuckled at the memory. "I cussed him out and told him he could keep his dirty dick to himself. Then I blocked him and never looked back."

"I could kiss you right now." Michael beamed.

She looked up at him and smirked. "Why don't you?"

He cupped her chin and leaned down to peck her lips several times. "Your family taught you well."

"My brother should take some of the credit." She rested her head back against his chest and looked back at the TV for a moment before finally realizing a PS4 was sitting on the TV stand. "Ooo, why didn't you tell me you have a PlayStation? I love video games."