Twenty-One

.
.
.
"Tori?"Zayn said.

"Yeah."I replied, drumming my fingers across the cover of my phone.

"Anything happened?"He asked curiously. Rose snickered a bit.

So if anyone was clueless, Little Miss Match Maker had told me to ring up Zayn to 'hang out'.

I knew what Felicity's definition of 'hanging out' was, and I wasn't a big fan of it.

"Why you ask?"I said playing innocent.

"You never call me. I always do."I could almost see him rolling his eyes.

I brought up my hand to my heart, but quickly but it down realizing he couldn't see me at the moment.

"I am hurt you think of me that way."I mocked him of what he used to say.

"Do not use what I say against me."There was a slight laugh coming out of his mouth as he spoke.

"Make me."I growled like a lion.

"That's tempting."Zayn stated bluntly.

I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks. "Shut up, you turd nugget. I didn't mean it like that."If he was in front of me, I would've smacked him.

What? A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

"Anyways, are you busy Saturday night? There's this art exhibit and I was wondering if you wanted to come with?"He asked me.

An art exhibit? Not bad, Malik.

"Are Liam, Harry, and Louis coming also?"I questioned. There was a slight pause, and I heard some muffled coughing.

"No, actually. I was thinking we both could go to this. Alone."I'm not sure whether he meant to or not, but the emphasize on the last word he said was pretty evident.

"Alone?"I repeated loud enough for my friends to hear.

"Yeah. That's not a problem, is it?"I could picture him with his quizzical expression, one eyebrow raised up.

"N-no. Not at all."I stumbled overt words a bit.

"Smashing. I'll meet up with you sometime this week, yeah?"

The lump in my throat made it hard for me to utter any words, so I resorted to nodding. That's when I realized he couldn't see me.

"Awesome. I'll ring you up later."I said and hung up. Felicity squealed loudly in my ear.

"Warn me in advance next time you do that."I muttered. She gave me this weird look.

"Squealing is part of the fangirl life. You don't know when it's coming, it just does."She explained.

"Kind of like when you ask the teacher to use the loo, but then they go like,'Couldn't you have went before my class?' It's not like I can summon my pee spirits."Rose blurted out.

"I regret even asking anything."I mumbled. Brooke snickered, while Felicity was clutching her stomach tightly.

"So you scored a date? Yay or nay?"Alex asked.

"It's not a date!"I yelled frustrated. "We're both just hanging out as two lonely friends."

"I think he wants it to be a date though."Brooke pointed out.

"Please."I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious!"Brooke protested.

I rolled my eyes once more. Even if Zayn wanted this to be a date, I will only look at it as two friends hanging out.