Part 2

That was hours ago. I had driven all night using just the map as my guide. I was tempted atleast 50 times to look at the Maps on my phone, a 100 times to tell Lilly and the others that I was headed to Duskwood and to sit tight and probably a million times to tell Jake, to explain and apologize to him about my decision. But no, it was all very risky. I could only imagine how angry Jake would be with this. Not to mention, that he was already in a spot to secure himself. In all the time I had known Jake I was quietly wishing he wouldn't text me because I was on the brink of revealing everything. On the other hand I aggressively hoped he would text so that I could atleast calm my nerves. I could also hear him saying, "Jade don't worry. Richy is fine. Everything will be alright as long as we do it together." Now here I was trying to figure out what to do next. I was almost close to Duskwood but I didn't know what was my next step. Where should I go? A text alert jolted me from my thoughts again. It was Jessy.

Jessy: Jade?

Me: Hi Jessy.

Jessy: Jade what happened to Richy?

I did not know how much to tell her. Partly because I really did not know and partly because if I told her only the things I saw, she would assume the worst. Phil's arrest had already taken a huge toll on her.

Me: Jessy I saw Richy get attacked. But all you need to know now is we will do everything to find him. Ok?

I wish I had believed it as much.

Jessy: Ok. Jade I am really scared. What do we do?

Me: Jessy did you find out the address for the cabin Richy had mentioned?

Jessy: No. I checked the Garage's address book. I did not see any information. But of course it could not be there as they are his friends not customers.

Me: Yeah that is possible. Did you speak to the others? Did they go to the forest?

Jessy: Last I heard they were going there. I went to the Garage for the address. I am pretty sure they would have informed us if they had found him.

Me: They are fine right Jessy?

Jessy: I hope so Jade. Cleo, Lilly and Thomas went there. Dan wanted to go as well but you know he is still in the hospital, they wouldn't discharge him.

Me: Yes I understand. I can almost see Dan going full guns blazing to save Richy.

Jessy: Jade I feel horrible. I really thought Richy ratted out to the cops about Phil. I .. I told him I quit. I told him I didn't really know him as much I thought I did before.

Of course I knew this. The Spymode had enabled me to view their exchange. Also, Richy had already told me this right after.

Me: Yes. Richy told me about it. Jessy don't beat yourself about it. Richy understands. He has no malice for you. Lets just focus on getting him back ok?

Jessy: Ok. Its funny you know.

Me: What is?

Jessy: Richy telling you about his conversation with me. Just days ago he was talking to me about you.

Me: He was?

Jessy: Yeah. He likes you, you know. A lot. He seems different when he talks about you. Phil inviting you here kinda pissed him off more than I thought. Maybe he wanted to invite you first. But he is shy you know.

If only I could tell that I wasn't that far away.

Me: I know he is shy. Did you find anything about Phil's arrest?

I abruptly changed the topic. Reading about Richy in the past tense really put me in a bad spot.

Jessy: Nothing yet. Hang on looks like the others are texting on the group chat.