It didnt take a genius to deduce what he clearly meant yet Nikolai refused to believe it.

Alonzo wouldn't dare...

"You must've gotten the chip already too..." he sighed, gaze turning to one of mournfulness but only for a fleeting moment before it got back its murderous glint.

"Ah...it really was my only bargaining chip. It seems like I can no longer rely on that anymore but, looking at the situation now, I no longer need it. My initial goal has been sped up for a few years."

"Initial goal...? Sped up by a few years?" Nikolai could not suppress his incredulity. He had been duped. Not only that but...he, a man who put so much emphasis on family looked as if he was going to be betrayed by one of his own.

If it was a commander or even an aide...maybe it wouldn't have hit him this hard.

It was is own son. His son he had even gave special privileges to. Even if he wasn't in line to inherit the business, he wasn't left grasping with nothing at the side of a road like a fish with no air on the shore of a beach.

Just having Nikolai's last name gave him advantage over all the other clans and petty criminal groups.

"I guess," Alonzo continued after slight pause, looking at the Godfather in distaste. "...Now that your deaths are so close in time...its no longer necessary to pretend. I find that I like the look of despair on your face. I wonder how much more exhilarating it will be to watch as you realise this bastard of yours will soon sit in a spot you never wanted him in?"

Alonzo reached behind him and in his hands was a gun, one which he used to scratch an itch on his temple as he thought for a moment. Then, before anyone could even react, he raised it.

The sound of the gunshot echoing throughout the whole room was deafening.

A second later Nicolai crumbled to the floor.

"What the-!" both men snapped into action and even Alex found himself moving. His gun was in his hands faster than they could blink and he would've already pulled the trigger if Alonzo wasn't smiling darkly at him.

'Move' his eyes seemed to say...

'Do something...'

'Do something and she dies.'

Alex found himself lowering his weapon.

"Fucking bitch! figlio di puttana ha osato spararmi-!" Nicolai cursed from his place on the ground, a continuous stream of curses in every language he knew left his lips. He used his hands to press down on his thigh, blood floowing through the gaps in his fingers, staining the fabric with a dark red tinge.

He looked up to glare daggers at Alonzo, finally realizing the severity of the moment.

His eyes then looked towards Alexander who was in a bind. With Ameena under threat, he didn't think Alex would make another move.

Hell, he wouldn't move either if it was him and his wife in that position.

A twinge of dread shot through him, his face paled. Even then, a light laugh found it's way out of his mouth.

He's been had...by his own blood no less.

What would happen now...even he couldn't tell. He made it through so many schemes to the to where he was at this moment yet he didnt know if he would make it out with his life this time.

He closed his eyes for a moment, eyebrows pulling together in pain. How embarrassing.

"To think it'd turn out to be this easy...so anticlimatic," Alonzo sighed, using the tip of his gun to rub his temple once again.