Chapter One

Harry's Pov.
To say I was nervous for my first day of highschool would be an understatement, i was TERRIFIED for my first day. I mean where do i go and who do i hangout with? I have my best friend, Niall, but we might not have a lot of classes together. The whole situation was just making me an anxious mess.

The hissing of a school buses brakes shook me from my thoughts, and I forced my feet forward and onto the bus. I was one of the first students on the bus; which I was glad about, that meant I didn't have to worry about finding an empty seat. I took a seat near the front, just so that I could get a good look at all the other people when they walked onto the bus. Unfortunately, Niall didn't take the bus in the morning so I wouldn't have him here, but I was ok with that, it just meant I could listen to music during the ride.

I pulled my ear buds out of my hoodie pocket and stuck them in my ears, pressing play on my music and resting my head against the window of the bus. I watched out the window and it started raining, not hard, just a slight drizzle. The next 30 minutes consisted of the bus stopping at all the stops and picking up all the kids that needed to take the bus, it was boring; but bearable.

After those 30 minutes the bus slowed to a stop outside of the school. Everyone unloaded from the bus and when I stepped out, I saw Niall waving at me from the school doors.

I did an awkward jog over to him and smiled when I was infront of him.

"Hey, you excited for the first day?" Niall asked, giving me a huge smile.

"Yeah, definitely." I lied, giving him a tight smile in return.

"C'mon, it'll be fine Hazza, loosen up a bit."

Niall swung his arm over my shoulder and dragged me into the building with him, he had the hugest smile on his face I had ever seen, I knew he was always so excited to start highschool, so I didn't question why he was so happy.

As we were walking towards the lockers we had been assigned, I made eye contact with someone standing by one of their lockers, he had feathery brown hair swept to the side and piercing blue eyes. He gave me a smile and a nod, and I gave a small wave in response. That was awkward.

Eventually after searching, Niall and I found our lockers and stuffed our bookbags inside, just pulling out the books we needed for our first class.

"Mate you have no idea how excited I am!" Niall exclaimed, he was beaming.

"I think I've got a pretty good idea." I chuckled, smiling at him in return.

"I cant wait to try out for the football team, you know I've been practicing since 6th grade!"

I laughed in return to Niall being so excited. Maybe it wouldn't be to bad, I heard Niall mention something about knowing a few people who were in a grade or two above us a few weeks ago, so maybe they will help us adjust.

After walking through the halls, Niall and I arrived at our first class of the day; Maths. I can't say I was excited, I was terrible at math and had doubts that I would even pass this class without a tutor. Either way it doesn't matter right now, unfortunately there were no 2 seats empty beside each other, so me and Niall had to split up, he sat in the front of the classroom and I sat towards the center next to a blonde girl.

I fidgeted with the edges of the desk nervously, glancing at Niall every now and then to see what he was doing, he seemed fine, he was talking to some guy that was sitting beside him. After a few more minutes of waiting the teacher closed the door, he droned on and on about the 'rules and expectations' and I couldn't help but get bored, so I started doodling on the desk with my pencil.

"Excuse me, is there something particularly interesting about that desk I seemed to have missed?" I heard a loud voice ask.

I looked up to see the teacher looking at me, waiting for an answer.