chapter 72 ~ 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕

Start from the beginning

_

     Jungkook opened his bedroom door and stared out into the darkened hallway with nothing but the moonlight to show him his way around. He'd had the sudden urge to talk to someone - anyone - but most of all, Yumin. Maybe, just maybe, he could get to her, explain what had happened, and everything would return to normal. Or as normal as things would be with them still having to clean up Rachel's messy aftermath. 

     The creaking of the floorboards caught the brunet's attention from down the hall. To his surprise, he found Yumin wobbling up the staircase, something glinting in her grasp as she slowly forced her way back into her bedroom and shut the door. With his head cocked to the side in interest, he placed his feet softly against the wooden floor, creeping up to her door before pushing his way inside.

     Jungkook found Yumin seated at the edge of her bed, nursing a bottle of soju to her lips as her eyes screwed shut. With the moonlight filtering in through her bedroom window, he could see the tears reflecting off of her face, cheeks stained red from tears now long dried. With rosy cheeks that grew brighter with more alcohol, Yumin greedily swallowed the last droplets of soju from her bottle before dropping it on the ground, her head lolling forward on stiff shoulders as she hid her face away in her hands.

     It's all my fault.

     "Fucking s-stupid slut." Yumin stumbled over her words, breathing in heavily as they grew more slurred by the second. "Wh-What did I do... What- Fuck!" 

     Leaning down, Jungkook watched as Yumin reached for the last bottle of soju by her feet, struggling to pop the cap off. She looked desperate to drink from the glass bottle, hands shaking as they fumbled around its neck. More tears sprang from her eyes as she continued to strive and after a few moments Jungkook could no longer sit and watch her. He shut the bedroom door behind him, slowly making his way in front of her and removing the bottle from her hands.

     Yumin's eyes flared wide at the sight of him, blinking past tears until they narrowed with rage. As Jungkook reached up to wipe the tears from her reddened face, she sluggishly slapped his hand away, pushing forward to stand up on wobbly legs. The brunet backed away, leaving a foot or so between them as he watched her worriedly.

     "Yumin-"

     "You fucking b-bast- " Yumin's leg gave out beneath her, the brunette lurching forward as she wobbled for balance. Her eyes snapped shut with an irritated groan, Jungkook snaking his arms around her waist to hold her steady. "Go away..." she hissed, pushing listlessly against his chest. "Get away from m-mmh-" Yumin broke down in tears before she could finish, leaning heavily against his chest as she hid her face from view. Her hands fisted the front of Jungkook's shirt, tugging at it as she threatened to topple over with drunken fatigue.

     "Hey, it's alright, angel. It's-" With a heavy sigh, Jungkook helped Yumin limp over towards her bed, careful as to not knock over the glass bottles that littered the floor. Setting her down, he wrapped her carefully in his embrace, holding her against his chest as she continued to sob. "Angel, look at- look at me."

     "No!" Yumin slammed her fists down against Jungkook's chest, forcing herself into a sitting position as she glared up at him. "Why the fuck are you h-here? Getaway, getaway, you f-fucking-" 

     "Yumin-ah-"

     "You're a cheater. You never even apolo...apologized. You hurt them." Yumin achily pointed at the door, gesturing to the others as they slept in their rooms, tears trickling down her jaw and dripping onto the bed. She struggled to speak, panting and slurring her words as she muttered angrily. "Jungkook." His name was like a whisper on her tongue. Yumin began to whimper under her breath, rubbing her clothed hands against her eyes to slow the flow of tears. "A-Am I not en-nough? Did I do something wrong?"