Chapter 12: The Farm

Thank you so much for 100 reads!
"You sure you're gonna be okay without me?" Daryl asked.

"Angel, I was surviving before your arse came along. I'm sure I cant handle a day without you," I smirked grabbing my bag.

"Stop calling me that fancy pants," He pouted.

"Not while you're still calling me fancy pants " I replied.

"So ya telling me if I stop. You'll stop?"

"Yeah, when hell freezing over and swine take to the sky," I declared flamboyantly.

"You are so weird, woman!" He called as I headed over to Glen and T-dog.

"I know!" I called back grinning.

I said goodbye to Carol apologising again for not staying to watch for Sophia.

"You've done a lot for us since you got here. And I know you're going to help T-dog and I know Rick will be happy to have you with him," She reassured.

"Thanks, Carol. And don't worry. We will find Sophia." I smiled and gave her a small hug then got in the car with Glen and T-dog.

I had the meds Daryl had gotten from Merle's old stash. I want to say it was the only time I had been grateful for a junkies drug habit but it definitely wasn't.

Glenn was driving and I was in the back with T. Thankfully he was looking a little better now but definitely not fine.

By the time we got to the house, it was dark. It had a taken a little while to get there but I wasn't complaining. The farm was secluded and vast. You could almost see out for miles in every direction save for the woods behind. It was as a good a place as any to settle for at least a little while.

"So do we ring the bell or something? Seems like there's people living here." Glen asked holding his shotgun but not with any intention of firing it.

"We're past that stuff ain't we? Having to be considerate?"

"Who knows." I shrugged walking up the steps behind Glenn.

"Did you close the gate on your way in?"

I held back a laugh as Glenn seemed a little startled. He began to whittle on awkwardly to the pretty lady before T-dog stepped in.

In the end, she let us inside and led us to Rick, Lori and Carl.

"Hey," Rick greeted upon seeing us.

"Hey," I replied offering him and weak smile trying not to look worried when I caught sight of Carl lying so still in the bed.

"We're here if you need," Glenn offered before we left again.

"You got anything I can stitch up his wound with?" I asked the lady. "I know how to do it just don't have anything supplies to do it with," I explained.

"Yeah, I'll go get it for you," She smiled.

"Thanks," I replied before turning my attention to T-dog. "Right. Sit your arse down and find something to hold onto because this is going to hurt like hell," I explained sitting down at the wooden table in the middle of the room.

"Yes, ma'am" he saluted jokingly but weakly before sitting down next to me.

The woman came back with the tape.

"Thank you. Sorry, what's your name. I think formalities seem to have gone out the window."

She laughed lightly and noticed Glenn smiling at her out of the corner of my eye.

"Maggie Greene, you?"

"Lilith Mortis. This here is T-dog and that's Glenn," I introduced taking the supplies gratefully.

"Damn," T-dog muttered before I had even taken the temporary 'bandage' off.

"What?"

"Could your name be even scarier?" He asked wincing as I finally peeled back the blood coated sheet.

"It's wasn't always like that. I changed my surname when I was 14. Forged my parents signature and changed my surname without my parents knowing out of spite but I never regretted doing it," I explained applying some disinfectant.

"Why did you do it?" Glenn asked as I threaded the needle. I glanced up at Glenn running tongue over my teeth thinking of my response. I had never been too good at opening up about my past. The fact I had even told Daryl I had a brother still surprised me.

"Didn't want to have anything permanent Link to my parents I suppose." I shrugged. "Sorry T this is going to hurt," I said trying to change the subject before plunging the needle in and beginning the process again and again making sure to keep the stitches close and neat. Another woman, she said her name was Patricia, came to help me with T-dog. As expected he struggling to keep himself from moving.

Glenn left after a while and I noticed Maggie follow out after.

"Are you a doctor?" Patricia asked as I continued my work.

"No, nowhere near. I just got good at stitching people up along the way," I explained hoping she wouldn't pry. I didn't want to explain how I had only gotten good at stitching from having to take care of mine and my brother's injuries so much. Mostly my own thank God. Noah never deserved anything that came his way. He was too kind for this world though he was usually as devious as me when we were kids.

A little while later Hershel came asking for me.

"What can I do?" I asked eager to help anyone I could.

"Patricia says you've got some knack with a needle and I would like it if you could help me with the boy," he put simply.

"Of course," I nodded.

Everything went as good as it could've given the situation. I helped Patricia and Hershel as best I could and when it was over I sat him until Lori came in.

"Did you help?" She questioned rushing to Carl's side.

"Only a little," I shrugged. She gave me a brief hug before I left leaving her to stay with Carl.

By this point, I was beyond tired as was just about everyone else. I flopped down on the sofa and slowly let myself drift off.