"Well that was your fault" I heard his father tell him.

"You could of blinded me"

"Shut up! It's a scratch!" The older man shouted. "It's hardly even..." But the man never finished his sentence. Wether it was him trailing off or me losing control over what I could hear, I couldn't tell. Isaac ran out the house grabbing his bike as he made his way off into the dark night. his father calling after him before running to the car. I looked around quickly before taking a deep breath and jumping down from the roof as I followed the man in the shadows of the night. Just as I started running I noticed Jackson placing a bag into the outdoor bin.

"Freaks" I heard him say in a dull voice as I ran past behind him going unnoticed thanks to the enhanced speed that came with being a vampire. I continued running down along the trees at the side of the road, making sure I stayed in line with Isaac's dad. If what I had gathered from the conversation I'd overheard was true, it went without saying that Isaac needed help. Harsh rain began to pour down above me as it ran down my face.

I stopped behind a street light as the man got out the car heading down an alleyway. I followed slowly behind him and noticed Isaacs bike ditched in the middle of the path as he shouted for his son. Just as he was about to call out once again I sank my fangs right into his neck as I drained blood from the man. Not enough to kill him, but enough to keep my strength up. If I was going to feed on people, they might as well be deserving of it.I then shoved the man to the ground as he placed his hands down to support him from the impact as I stomped against his back which made his face come in a painful contact with the ground. 

"Stay the hell away from him" I warned as I turned on my heel before using my vamp speed to get as far away as I could.

———

The next day at school me, Allison and Lydia made our way up the steps.

"You really don't remember anything?" The brunette asked.

"They called it a fugue state which is basically a way of saying 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days' But personally I don't care" Lydia explained.

"You don't care that you ran around the wood naked for two days then the whole sherrif department, plus Stiles and I happened to see you naked? Damn Lydia. You slay that confidence" I said with a smile as I nudged the girl playfully.

"Well...I lost nine pounds" Lydia stated as she did jazz hands. Me and Allison laughed at the girls enthusiasm.

Allison looked at the girl a slight hint of worry in her brown eyes. "Are you ready for this?"

"If you aren't, staying home eating ice cream while we watch mean girls works very well for me" I chimed with a hopeful smile.

"Please. It's not like I came back to life or had a serial killer for an aunt" She said to us as she opened the door to the school. Me and Allison following behind as we raised an eyebrow at each other.

As we entered all eyes fell on Lydia as everybody stopped what they were doing to get a good look at the strawberry blonde.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds" Allison suggested quietly.

"Definitely the nine pounds" I said from the other side of Lydia.

The girl looked at us both before flicking hair from her face as she strutted confidently ahead of us.