Chapter 18.

Bridget awoke from sleep vaguely recalling the conversation she'd had with Greyson last night...

"Bridget? What do you think you're doing out here?" He'd leaned against the doorway of the guest house.

Bridget kept her attention on unpacking her suitcase on the bed, her back facing him. "Getting ready for bed." She said with an edge to her voice.

"I told you earlier, you're staying in my room."

"Why? What happened to taking things slow?"

"We'll still go slow, I'm just giving you a little nudge." He brushed his hair from his eyes.

"I don't need a nudge. I just want to go to sleep." She sighed as she heard the floorboards creak behind her, already knowing that Greyson was walking towards her.

"Yeah you do. And I think we both know that neither of us will sleep tonight if we don't stay together." He wrapped his arms around her waist and Bridget fought the urge to stay still and not react to him.

"I think you're wrong."

"Do you? You seemed pretty comfortable last night." His lips hovered over her ear and he drew slow circles on her stomach with his finger.

She shut her eyes and a gasp escaped her lips, she couldn't think straight when she was like this. And she couldn't deny that she hadn't slept that good in years.

Fuck him.

"I don't like you." She scowled.

He chuckled, his chin brushing the side of her cheek and Bridget involuntarily grabbed onto his arms around her waist to steady herself before her knees gave out. "I still think you're wrong. Come on, one night, then I'll let you decide where you want to sleep."

"I still don't thin-" Bridget's words were lost as his lips pecked her neck and she let out a breath.

"Come on Bridge." He murmured into her ear.

Bridget whirled around and connected her lips to his and they fell onto the bed, kissing each other until they couldn't breathe.

"Greyson." Bridget said as she lay beside him with her forehead touching his.

He stroked her hair, "Yeah Bridge?"

"Do you remember that time when you got me to sneak out of my house for the first time?" She giggled.

Greyson chuckled, "Yeah, we were thirteen and you were so afraid you'd get caught by your parents."

"I nearly fell out the window when I crawled out." She cracked up.

"I've never seen you so nervous about anything before that night. It was cute, also refreshing."

"How was it refreshing?" She asked, playing with his fingers.

"You were never afraid of anything. You always did what you wanted and never cared. You always made the first move, you came up and talked to me on the first day of kindergarten and asked me about the book I was reading. You orchestrated all the times when we'd steal candy from the gas station until we were twelve. I could always see that you were reluctant to make the first move, there's always been this doubt behind your eyes just moments before you actually committed to it. You always surprised me, I never knew if that doubt would win or lose and I was always relieved when it didn't. Except for that night. The doubt almost won that night but it showed me that I was stronger than that fear inside you. As soon as you got out the window and took my hand, we ran down the street in the dark and that fear was gone from your eyes. That was a fun night." He kissed her forehead and his eyes shone in hers.