[Chapter 10: Bloody Hell]

Start from the beginning

"The fuck did you just say?" The smug slasher narrowed his eyes before disappearing and reappearing directly in front of you - acting as though you'd just said something tremendously wrong.

"Sorry, I didn't know dream demons were afraid of red balloons." You spoke in a mocking tone, surprised when he gripped both of your shoulders tightly.

"It's not the red balloon I hate, idiot." He hissed with frustration, looking like he didn't know what to do as he shook you back and forth roughly. "Where did you see It?"

"Well, I—"
"Where!?"

"Calm down, okay!?" You shot back fiercely, raising your hands up and attempting to move him away from you. However, that didn't happen - Freddy's response being much faster than yours as his left hand grabbed your right wrist instead.

"Where. Did. You. See. It?" He repeated with the most serious tone you'd ever seen him use - his green orbs glaring at you darkly.

"Um, the main street...? Y'know, before the path that leads right out of town...?" You answered in a tiny voice, suddenly feeling a bit intimated by how he was behaving.

"I need to talk to Hannibal." The demonic male told you sharply. "You...stay here."

"Hey, wait a second—!" You desperately protested - wanting to ask what was wrong - but he'd already vanished, leaving you completely alone in the dreamworld.

"You've got to be kidding me..." You flopped on the bed and leaned back, your intimidation twisting into irritation. "What's so wrong with me seeing a red balloon...? And why did he want to know where I saw it...?"

"Better question is how come he wanted to speak to Hannibal about it instead of telling me...?" You murmured to yourself curiously, growing a little hurt. "After all, those two hate each other. At least, I thought they did..."

Lying there, you realised you were still in the dreamworld; your boredom beginning to blossom once more whilst minutes ticked past. "Maybe I should go back to sleep." You decided unhappily, "For real this time..."

So with that, you pulled the covers over yourself and rolled over, flicking the light back off as you tried your best to get some actual rest. But it was difficult; your distress and worry about Freddy washing over you like chaotic, icy water would over a soft, sleeping beach. What sort of danger had you placed the others in because of this red balloon? Was he overreacting? Were you under-reacting? Forcing your eyes to remain closed, you hugged your pillow and pretended it was your significant other - silently missing him as you wondered how long he and Hannibal would take to talk. Soon you'd fallen asleep a second time, although it wasn't pleasant.

Minutes flew past like the pigeons in the sky as you quietly hummed to yourself - the streets being strangely devoid of people and cars for some odd reason. Perhaps people were just preparing for Halloween early...? You kept thinking about it, but you couldn't come to any sort of fitting conclusion. You grew even more confused when you spotted something float directly in front of you. Stopping, you eyed the thing suspiciously - wanting to get a clearer look. It wasn't high above you, but it wasn't necessarily your height either - somewhere in-between.

This thing was casually drifting across the vacant road, moving too slow to be able to float. And just what was this thing? "That red balloon..." You murmured under your breath, curiosity now controlling your tone as you now approached it. "Why am I seeing you again...?" Before you could answer yourself, it randomly exploded - the balloon bursting while blood erupted from the inside and covered you in said substance. In fact it shocked you so much that you screamed in complete and utter horror; shaking as you frantically freaked out.

W-Was Freddy doing this-!? "Freddy if you're doing this, it's NOT funny!!" You sobbed aloud, starting to cry before you stared down at your blood-stained hands with disgust.

"(Y-Y/n)-? (Y/n)! W-Wake up-! P-Please, oh p-please wake up-!" An anxious voice called your name loudly, your eyes flying open whilst you saw Norman tearfully panicking.

"N...Norman...?" You shakily mumbled, sitting up and letting him fling his arms around you. "You're...You're here. I-I'm here."

"W-What did F-Freddy do-!? W-WHAT did he d-do-!?" The timid boy cried out in a troubled tone, immediately placing the blame on the devilish dream demon.

"I...I just had a nightmare, that's—" You were about to say that's all, when all of a sudden you noticed the slimy blood still sticking to you.

"(Y-Y/n)...? A-Are you—?" Before Norman could finish his confused question, you screamed again - shocked and sickened by what you were witnessing.

"Oh FUCK!" You shrieked in a stunned voice; throwing the cover away from you and standing up hurriedly.

"(Y-Y/n)...? W-What's wrong-? Why are y-you acting t-this way-?" Norman stammered timidly, climbing out of bed and staring at you with worry.

Michael - also becoming worried - brought you into a tight hug, confused by your behaviour as he flashed a puzzled glance at Norman. "No, NO!" You pushed him away and shouted out hysterically, moving towards the door. "I-I'll get this blood on you otherwise-!!"

"B-Blood...?" Norman slowly echoed, frowning whilst his panic increased.

"Yes!! Now if you'll excuse me...!!" You flung open the bedroom door and ran out; sprinting into the bathroom before slamming and locking that door behind you.