New Chapter In Life

Now Reed, Noah, Kate, Luke and I are sitting in history class

Now Reed, Noah, Kate, Luke and I are sitting in history class. Ms Brown is teaching us about, I have no idea since I am not even listening. What is the point of studying the past if the information is not even useful in the future? What? While we are guessing how many tomatoes we have to add for soup, we will be thinking about Hitler?

Noah was trying to float the feather before him with a stick while muttering, 'wingardium leviosa.' I roll my eyes.

"Mr Anderson." Ms Brown calls Noah. But Noah did not hear her and, she tries two more times.

"Mr ANDERSON." she finally snaps. Noah gets startled and falls off the chair, and the class erupts into laughter. Noah clumsily stands up and straightens his shirt.

"Wingardium leviosa?" he asks, and I chuckle but disguise it as a cough.

"Pardon," Ms Brown asks. Noah clears his throat and answers

"Um, sorry. Yes, Ms Brown?"

"I want you to listen to my class or else you will find yourself in detention," Ms Brown warns him.

"Yes, mam," Noah mutters inaudibly.

"Speak higher." Ms Brown instructs.

"Yes, mam," Noah says in a high-pitched girly voice.

The whole class bursts into laughter, including Ms Brown.

Soon the bell rings, and now I have P.E with all my friends, including Reed. We head over to the gym and wait for the instructions.

"Alright, class today, I want to have a race between boys and girls and to make this more fun, whichever team wins will get an A," everybody cheers.

"So, this is how it's going to go, all the boys will first run 100m, and the winner will be selected for the final race, the same for the girls."

All the boys warm up and get ready.

"Ready. Set Go!!" the coach blows the whistle, and the boys start running. Luke and Reed are in the lead while the other boys fall behind. But Reed won by a second. Well, he is the team quarterback.

"Okay. So Reed will go to finals, and now the girls". We all get in the line.

"Ready. Set and go," the coach blows the whistle, and we take off.

I start running, and I see Ava and a girl named Maria in the lead along with me. Ava starts running faster. I push myself to run faster, and I overtake Ava and win the race.

"We have our finalists. Mr Scott and Ms Tennyson." the coach announces.

"Kiara, our grade is literally in your hands, so win the match, or I will kill you." Ava threatens me. I gulp because I know how scary Ava can be. I simply nod.

"Time for the final race. Finalists on your mark," the coach shouts.

Reed and I get into position. He looks and smirks at me.

"So, sparkle ready to lose?" I smirk.

"Game on, Scott," I tell him and get into position. The coach blows the whistle, and we both start running. I start slow while Reed runs fast in the beginning. I can hear the students yelling our names and cheering us on. While I see Reed slow down, I take it as my chance and run faster and catch up with him. I look at him, give him a salute and run ahead of him and win the race. I can hear the girls cheering while all the boys groan.

Suddenly I am hoisted onto someone's shoulder, and I look down to see Noah and Luke giving me a grin. I laugh and enjoy my victory. I look over to Reed and see him smiling at me. That is when I realize he could have actually beat me. I smile at the thought.

"OK, so the girls' team wins, but don't worry. All of you are going to get an A." the coach announces. Everyone cheers again. Before I leave the gym, the coach calls me over.

"Yes, coach?" I question.

"Kiara, you are a fast runner. I have a place in the track team for you if you want to join?" He invites.

"I would love to coach," I tell him without any hesitation.

"Alright then, you will have practise on the same day as the football practise," he informs me.

Finally, it's lunch, and we all head over to the cafeteria. We get our food and settle down to eat when I spot Andrew.

I see some jocks trying to push him down, and Andrew looks my way, and the jock also looks my way. I give him a death glare, and he lets go of Andrew not before giving me a smirk. I smile at Andrew and turn back to my friends. I tell them about joining the track team, and they congratulate me. I look at Andrew and see him exit the cafeteria with only a water bottle.

I quickly get up and tell my friends to eat without me today and follow Andrew without waiting for a reply. I find him sitting on a bench under a tree. I make my way over to him and take a seat on the bench. He lets out a quiet yelp, getting started.

"Kiara, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see how my friend is doing. Is that a crime?" I ask him with a chuckle. He shakes his head with a sigh.

"Kiara, I told you peo-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know people will target me, and my reputation will be destroyed blah blah blah," I interrupt him.

"But, once I made up my mind to do something. I will not second guess, and I made up my mind to become your friend. So you cannot push me away," I say with a grin. He smiles. I look at his hands and only see the water bottle and no food.

I got fries, a burger and a juice bottle. I take a handful of fries from the packet, take the juice bottle and place the tray on his lap. He yelps again, surprised.

"You need to stop doing that. Anyway, what is this?"

"No, and um, food," I say in a duh tone.

"No, Kiara. I know it's food, but why are you giving me?" he frowns.

"Because I am not hungry, and you only have a water bottle," I answer, eating a fry.

"But, I am not hun-" his stomach interrupts him making a loud growling noise, and his ears turn pink with embarrassment.

"Yes, but your stomach says otherwise," I say with a laugh and begin to eat the fries.

We make simple conversation while we eat, and it is so good to see him laugh and eat his food.

I promised myself to become a new chapter in his life, a chapter that is not full of sadness but hope and happiness. 

________________________

Hey, guys here is another chapter for you all. Let me know what you think. Do you guys prefer long or short chapters?. Remember God loves you.

Love😍
Author.