Proposal

"What the hell are you guys doing here?"

"What? we are her best friends, so obviously, we will be here to wish her when she becomes an adult,"

"Mom, it was a big mistake to give them the keys,"

"Hey, that was rude,"

"No one asked you,"

"I wanted it to be only the two of us,"

"Just because you guys are dating doesn't mean you get special privileges,"

"Of course I do,"

"She will choose us over you any day,"

"You wanna bet?"

"The loser has to be the winner's slave for a whole day,"

"SHHHHHHHHHHH, she is waking up,"

I cover my ears with my pillow to stop the whispers.

"Sparkle, wake up," someone whispers near my ear. I throw a pillow at that person to stop the voices.

"Oof, I forgot she is grumpy when she wakes up,"

"Kia, wake up," I hear my brother's voice. I open my one eye and see seven idiots in my room. I close my eyes and mumble.

"What the hell do you guys want?"

"It's your birthday, Kiara," Andrew exclaims.

My birthday? My birthday. I am an adult now. I suddenly sit up on my bed, which is a huge mistake. My iron deficiency gives me a visit. I hold my head to steady myself.

I open my eyes and see Ryder come inside the room with a beautiful cake shaped like an ice rink. There are little sKaters on the cake. I always wished for a cake like this on my birthday. A huge smile appears on my face.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you," everyone starts singing. I look at the cake and cautiously look at Reed to see if the cake is safe or not. He chuckles, understanding why I am looking at him, and he shakes his head, telling me it's safe.

I happily cut the cake and find it's an ice cream cake. I feed everyone and finally taste it myself, and I enjoy the cake.

"You are finally an adult, Kiara. I am taking you clubbing the first thing tomorrow morning," Noah exclaims. Keith pulls me to his side.

"My sister is still a baby. Kiara cut their friendship. They are a bad influence,"

"HEY," All my friends shout at Keith, offended. I roll my eyes.

"Kei, I am not a baby anymore. I can make my own decisions," I state.

"I know. You are growing up too fast," Kei pouts.

"Kiara, this is from us" Luke hands me a scrapbook.

I open it and find letters from all my friends and photos of me in the snow, Me and Reed dancing during senior prank day. Me playing with Ariel, and the picture of all five of us during April fools with Noah in his batman costume. All of us during prom and many more photos. I am very grateful to have these people in my life. I hug them.