I couldn't if I tried [gabriel]

[wow sorry]

prompts: ''do you want me to leave?'', ''what did you just say'', ''I'm not sorry''

summary: a mystery

characters: Gabriel x reader, (mentioned) Dean Winchester, (mentioned) Sam Winchester, (mentioned) Castiel

warnings: fluff

''I'll be perfectly fine on my own, always am.'' My bore some tone echoing through the atrium of the bunker, as the brothers stood ahead of me.

''Just because we aren't taking you with us on this one, doesn't mean you can empty the cookie jar.'' Dean narrowed his eyes, slyly, joking but still deadly serious. 

''Depends if you left pie in the fridge.'' I sigh, turning on my heels, a dramatic edge layered my dialect.

''Don't you think about it!'' He bellowed, Sam holding him back with his arm, shaking his head in disappointment. I rolled my eyes, pouring a glass from my eldest brother's alcohol as the door barred against it's hinges.

Donning my music to the large space I had been left in independently, I turned it up to full volume, a sweet change from Eye of The Tiger 24/7. Losing myself in the alcohol and melodies, I didn't notice the archangel smugly inclining himself on the doorway. ''Jesus, Gabe!'' I clutched my vascular organ, catching my breath, shock subduing by the minute.

''Wasn't expecting me, Sweet Thang?'' I chucked at his flirting, unexpected but welcomed.

''No, I just-'' He cut me off, like the smarmy bastard he was.

''Oh do-do you want me to leave?'' The amusement on his features was clearer than Cas' skin, his well founded smirk and mischievous eyes are what pulled me in, in the first place. I'd never admit my fondness for the winged man anyways, I may as well enjoy the company.

''Of course not, stupid angel-'' He cut me off, again. Damn boy needs to stop that before he gets the smacketh.

''Archangel.'' He shrugged, the smug expression remained.

''What do you want?'' I laughed, he gasps in feign shock.

''So rude-'' He lifts his hand to his heart, I bite my lip, dismissing his antics. ''Anyways, I thought you should see for yourself.'' He saunters over to me, brushing the hair out of my face. ''Hold tight.'' He winked, god Chuck why?

I found myself in a sunset themed jumpsuit, Gabriel adorned in a shirt that almost matched my outfit. Looking down, it dawned on me that we were weaning giant clomping platforms, albeit mine a little larger. ''Why are we dressed like ABBA?'' I accompanied my dull voice crossed my arms, but failing to hide my excitement.

''That, my dear, is for you to find out.'' The brunette with the honey-slick voice held out his arm, I took it with no hesitation. In front of us was a florescent booming club with a retro sign, the 'Cotton Club'. I looked at him when he ushered me inside, without him knowing, or so I had thought.

''Staring at me, are you?'' He looked pompous and maniacal, but it was kind of hot.

''Who's to say?'' I raise an eyebrow, the other one following in a similar fashion as I observed our camp surroundings.

Outgrown styles and an era that wouldn't quit enclosed us in it's infatuating aura. So a 70's club? Cute. Bur of course he had delved into my mind.

''Not just a 70's club, peach pie.'' I gaped open my mouth, no he didn't.

''Why are we standing here then?'' He gripped his hand with mine, yanking him from the club lobby into the illuminate dance floor. What I didn't see was the ever growing fondness in his smile as he trailed behind me.

Hours passed underneath the sparkling lights and the cheesy silver disco ball, I had the night of my life, accompanied by the excessive alcohol it could possibly become my worst.

''You know, people don't give you enough credit.'' I shrugged to the paragon.

''I know!'' He shrieked in agreement

.Elton John's 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' blasted through the superstructure.

''There's a lot of things people don't know about me, you know.'' I rolled my tongue against the roof of my mouth, my drunken state exposing the truth.

''Oh?'' He cocked a brow, ''Do tell.'' His voice made me giggle.

''I'm not the innocent baby Winchester, people say I am.'' I nodded, as a matter-of-factly.

''Really?'' Gabriel was getting amusement out of this.

''Mhm, wanna know something else?'' Damn, intoxication.

''Go on.'' His flirty eyes made me blush under his overwhelming pressure.

''I think I'm in love with you.'' During this moment, the background noise and tune of the decade faded into a muffled white noise.

He couldn't believe his blessed ears. ''What did you just say?'' Of course, being me, I took this the complete wrong way.

''Oh, God-Chuck, I shouldn't of admitted that, uh snap us back please I'd like to go sleep thank you.'' Except he didn't, so I turned on my feet.

''Y/n-'' I looked at him as he said my name, that's a first.

The soft yet calloused pads of his fingers glided over my fabric-clad waist as the unused hand found it's place in my hair, it felt as if time stopped. I almost didn't hear the 'I'm sorry' he breathed against my lips as he found himself in them. In this moment, I think I found myself, for the first time. Instantly, I lifted my fidgeting palms into his soft threaded locks, intertwining my fingers with the individual strands.

Our mouths moved in an intoxicating simultaneous Arcadia. They say it's heaven to be kissed by an angel, I didn't know it was so true.

The recurring gentle bump of his nose against mine gave the act a fondness I had never experienced. The feeling of his hand slowly gripping my waist more intensely, bunching the material in his palm, and the other one that rested in my hair sliding down to the back of my neck was a above-earth experience.

It felt as if it were nothing but a dream.

We broke the connection, a burning emotion in my eyes as I looked through his.

''I'm not sorry.'' He unsteadily exhaled, an ironic laugh integrated beautifully. ''I'm not sorry that I kissed Y/n Winchester and I'm not sorry for this either-'' He took a short and stat breath. 

''I know I'm in love with you, hearing you say it was enough to break me, I never wanted to involve myself but I couldn't stay away. What can I say, I'm selfish.'' Guess I am, as well.

''If you are, then so am I, god the shit I'm gonna get for this.'' You're worth it. I thought.

''You're worth everything.'' This took to me like a boulder.

''What-What's going to happen now?'' I bite my lip, nerves hitting me unwillingly.

''Anything, hopefully, everything. Give me a chance?'' The vulnerability I saw in him behind his sultry façade built me up.

''I'll give you more than a chance.'' I dove into the intoxicating home of his lips once more, taking something for myself for once. ''I'm so happy to hear that, honeysuckle.'' He murmured against my lips. 

Yep, he's back

.I didn't notice the snap back, neither the gladiator stares of my brothers.

''Pie, huh?'' Dean's gruff tremor made me shriek, yanking my face from my angel's.

''Well, you know, I can be pretty sweet.'' Gabe winked.

''Hi.'' I waved.

''You little-'' Before my inconsolable brother could do any harm, Gabriel had snapped us to the comfort of...somewhere?

As long as he was here, I had my place.