Prologue

-- In some apartment in Paris

Y/N POV:

I was lying on a cold floor with tears streaming down my eyes. My body was on fire. I was hurting everywhere and I was feeling a sharp pain around my swollen face.

I wrapped my arms around trying to confort myself when someone suddenly opened the door

A blurry silhouette rushed towards me and kneeled to my level 

'(L/N) !!!'. I know this voice. It is Eric's. 'Did he hit you again?' 

Without really waiting for an answer, he lit up a lamp on the nightstand and started examining my injuries. 

"This is going to leave a scar" Eric said, gently brushing a deep cut on my forehead. The blood seeping from it was wasblinding my sight.

His eyes traveled from my forehead to the rest of my body.  He was assessing the rest of my wounds.  

I knew what he was going to see. On top of the head injury, several bruises were covering my flesh and my shoulder was dislocated.

"This is gonna hurt a bit "...". Eric grabbed my hand and held my arm straight. "Relax okay ?" I let out a whimpering scream as I felt a sharp pain stabbing my shoulder.  He did not wait for an answer as he quickly popped it putting it back in its rightful place. 

I took a few minutes to catch my breath and started standing up, swallowing the pain.

"Where do you think you are going ?" Eric placed his hands on my shoulders forcing me to sit down.

"I can't stay here ! He may come back" I said while tryingnto hide my face. I was feeling so embarrassed I didn't want Eric to see me like this.

"I don't understand why you let him do this to you!" He took my hands and caressed my bruised knuckles with a pitiful look in his eyes. 

"You know why" I answered as if an unspoken truth has been told.  

A heavy silence installed itself in the room.  Am I destined to live the rest of my life like this ? Is there no way to get out of this ?

"That's it !"Eric's voice made me jolt" A change of air would do you good. A mission is available in Japan and you are going. I'll personally make sure of it "

The young man stood up again and turned on the ceiling lamp allowing me to see him more clearly. He had short blond locks that complimented his sharp features. He was tall and muscular. His mossy green eyes were looking at me with deep concern.

"Now let's go patch you up. I'll talk to the high-ups tomorrow morning." He carried me bridal style with ease and headed to the hospital where he worked. 

You see, Eric is a doctor and also a jujutsu sorcerer. His ability to heal all injuries made by cursed energy made him very useful in the medical field. Unfortunately, my wounds were caused by human violence so he couldn't heal me using his gift. He had to resort the traditional medicine. 

---

"An abnormal number of curses are appearing in Asia. The origin of this epidemic seems to be in Japan. It's not a coincidence since we started collecting Sakuna's fingers. I need someone there to report. It's a desk-work job. I was surprised when Eric called. Usually, you tend to run away from this kind of task. Anyway, I am not going to complain. Plus, I have a secret mission for you. I need you to investigate this guy" Marc said while handing me a picture of a tall man. He had black hair that extends past his shoulders with a bun tied to the top of his head.

I looked at the picture and ask, "What's his name?"

"Suguru Geto. All you have to know is that he is involved in a lot of weird situations. Just find out what you can on him."

That was the last conversation that I had with Marc, my supervisor. He was the link between the jujutsu world and the royal family. And yes, the royal family knew about curses and power. Some of them actually form different clans.

As for me, I don't know who my parents are. My adoptive family found me in front of their mansion with a note informing them that I had great powers. Curiosity made them keep me. As soon as I was able to see curse, intense training started. I was tortured, deprived of basics in the name of making-me-stronger. I have always been obedient and loyal to them and the royals. That alone earned me the nickname ''royal dog''. But I couldn't care less about their opinion.

As soon as I was of age, I was sold off to another family to marry their second heir ''Matthieu'' Capet. At first, I thought that leaving the (l/n) mansion will bring me peace. But it was far from reality. My husband hated the fact that he was sent an illegitimate woman to be his spouse as powerful as she may be. His love language was violence, physical and mental. This lovely spouse is the reason why I flew to Japan.