10~ Confrontation (part 1)

Inspired slightly by an XTale fan video I saw and fell in love with immediately 

***

Everyone else in the multiverse only did what benefited themselves. This was well known at this point, but it was something that had to be learned the hard way for you. They were all neutrals, saying someone was either "good" or "bad" was simply just not true. Calling someone bad would just be a reason to hate them. 

"Do you want to come with me to neutralize the targets?" You asked Frisk. He shook his head. 

"I'll never be like you. Your way of doing things was always so admirable. I'm nothing like that." He replied sadly. 

"Fine. Stay here. I'm going to make the multiverse right." You said before leaving. 

~

Finding a way to the castle where Nightmare and the other "bad" Sanses lived was harder than you thought. I don't know what you were expecting, but you made it eventually. On the way, you had ran into Ren and Sammy, and they asked to come with you. You agreed and walked to the castle looming in the distance. 

"Okay, all we need to do is convince them all to stop causing chaos." You told the two sixteen year-olds. They nodded and walked onward with you. The last challenge you faced? Most likely not. But this was the only thing standing between you and the happy ending you had always wanted. 

"What exactly is the plan?" Ren asked you. You took a second to think, only now realizing that you simply didn't have a plan. 

"I got it! Ren, go get my guitar. I'll distract them by playing and singing. You guys can drop in through a window and lock the doors, then we'll negotiate." Sammy said, adjusting their glasses. Ren nodded and teleported away. He came back a few seconds later, holding a light teal guitar, a chord, and an amplifier. Sammy took their guitar and other things and set up at the door. 

Sammy knocked on the door and a skeleton holding a knife opened it. His eyes were fully black and dripping with hate. He looked confused as of why this fifteen year-old was standing outside holding a guitar, that is until they lied on the spot, explaining why they were there. 

"Uh...hi there! I was wondering if you could listen to me play guitar, since no one at home will listen." They said, the sad tone in their voice evident. 

"I don't see why not." The skeleton said. Sammy smiled and plugged their electric guitar into the amplifier. Immediately, they started playing a quick chord progression and singing. 

"刃渡り数センチの不信感が、挙げ句の果て静脈を刺しちゃって、病弱な愛が飛び出すもんで!ノーフィクション!I'm good with numbers, science, math I like, but I'm terrible at English so I despise! And a part of me wants a simple right or wrong, but it seems that every time I choose I'll always be false!" They sang, making a very clear distraction with their Japanese singing. 

"That's amazing, kid!" The skeleton said happily. 

"And thank you...for creating the perfect opening!" Sammy said abruptly, pushing the skeleton back inside and locking the door behind them. They summoned their papers and guarded the door, leaving you and Ren to walk out of the shadows. 

"Look, we're not here to hurt you." Ren said. 

"We only want to ask something of you," You added. "We just want you guys to stay neutral. Don't kill anyone anymore." 

"This is our new world, where it's no longer kill or be killed." Sammy said in disdain, being the only one who had seen this "kill or be killed" attitude at first hand. 

"Who the hell even are you?!" Another skeleton asked. This one's skull was broken open, with one glowing red eye. 

"We're the assassination team. We killed XGaster." You said triumphantly. All the monsters in the castle were taken aback by this statement. 

"So you're the one who killed him?" Said the one with the broken skull. You nodded in response.

"I propose a challenge. Let Horror fight one of these kids, if the kid wins we'll stop killing. If Horror wins, he gets to eat the kid and you leave us alone." Said the one closest to Sammy.  

"I'll do it." Sammy said, pale and shaking as they raised their hand. 

"No, I'm got gonna let you die out there!" Ren yelled. Sammy walked over to him and rested their hand on his shoulder. 

"Don't worry, I got this. I wouldn't have volunteered if I didn't think I could do it." They said, smiling through their evident nervousness. 

"Do you have a plan?" You asked them. Weapons were allowed as well as magic, so you assumed they had a plan. They told you they would play the weak card, then attack with all they had at the last moment. 

The middle of the room was cleared out for the fight. Sammy stepped into the middle of the room, still shaking from fear. You felt sick from fear just watching the fight begin. Ren was pale as he watched, clearly concerned for his best friend. 

***

I just split this into two parts cuz writing it separately is more efficient and I can get chapters out on my normal schedule :D