2~ A Glitch's Teddy Bear

You should probably know that some parts of this book play off of and contrast not his world anymore, so if you've read that one and recognize some plot elements being similar to that story, that's why. I got the idea to do that when I realized that XFrisk and XChara are similar but contrast in many ways

***

You woke up with a start, looking down at your glitching hand. Damnit, it was happening again. Why did you keep glitching? You didn't know. You decided to get up and watch some tv to get your mind off the glitching for a while. Seeing as it was about one in the morning, you kept the volume on the tv low as you got a glass of burnt ice- I mean water. You sat down on the couch, resolving to watch whatever happened to be on tv at the moment. The channel it was set to was TLC, which meant someone had let Chara watch tv again. He loved reality tv for some reason, you and Frisk thought it was really weird but everyone has their weird thing they do, and Chara's was reality tv. 

You heard quiet footsteps leading to the living room of the house you lived in with Frisk and Chara. Frisk walked out into the living room, clearly tired. His hair was messy and he had a small blanket over his shoulders.

"Why are you awake?" He asked you.

"I'd say the same for you." You replied. 

"Can't sleep." Frisk said simply, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to you. It was a silent agreement between the two of you that you would watch tv until you fell asleep. Which that happened about two hours later. 

~

After everyone was asleep that night, you decided to pay some attention to your glitching. You got your phone and wallet, put on a jacket, and went to the library to see if you could find a book on human souls glitching. There was nothing there, leaving you to wonder if it was even happening or if it was just in your head. You sighed and walked back home, remembering a distant memory from when you were a kid. 

父さん母さん 今までごめん、

You were sorry to everyone whom you had caused trouble to over the time you had been there,

膝を震わせ 親指しゃぶる、

You were terrified, knees shaking. 

兄さん姉さん それじゃあまたね、

To whoever your real family was, goodbye. 

冴えない靴の 踵潰した、

You'd crushed the heels of your oh-so unfashionable shoes, 

見え張ったサイズで 型紙を取る、

Make a ridiculously sized pattern for it,

何だっていいのさ 代わりになれば、

Absolutely anything would do as long as it served as a replacement. 

愛されたいと 口を零した、

"I want to be loved." You had whispered quietly. 

~

You remembered the small teddy bear that you had made of discarded fabric, falling apart at the seams. You had left it behind when you were taken to XTale, symbolizing that you had left your old life behind. And yet, the burning question inside your soul still kept you awake at night. Who was your family? Did you ever even have a family at all?

This question would soon be answered in a way you had never expected...

***

If you understood the various references to Tokyo Teddy Bear, you're amazing. I mean I literally used the Japanese lyrics in this chapter. See you probably either today or tomorrow as of writing this!