Chapter 3

"Princess,"

I wake up to clashing swords and someone shaking me.

"My lady, wake up," the voice sounds worried and it's not Grace. I look at the person and realise it's one of the knights.

"Hmm?" I mumble, despite being half asleep I sit up. I glance around to see bandits surrounding us, and as I look about I see Grace racing over to me. Mother and Neal are fighting, along with the knights while Mary and Scarlet have grabbed sticks and are desperately fighting the bandits off. I kept my gloves on last night, so I take them off and place them on my blanket. Then I stand up and close my eyes, calling on my magic. Suddenly I feel a pulse and open my eyes to see a white light shooting out in all directions. The bandits go quiet, and I realise they've fallen asleep. I have this slight worry for a few seconds their dead but then I realise their not.

"Well done sis," Neal smiles, putting his sword back in its sheath. I give a smile while I bend down to slip my gloves back on. Once there on I feel a sense of relief and I let myself smile.

"Well done Emma," mother says, walking towards the -now put out- fire. "Right, lets have breakfast and get back on the road, the sooner we get their, the better," A series of 'yes my lady's' go round, so I go over to my bag. I get my hairbrush out and put my hair tie around it.

"I'll do your hair my lady," Grace smiles, coming up behind me. I smile at her in gratitude and walk over to my blanket. Mother's maid is also doing her hair. Many people say our hair looks quite similar but I don't see it, hers is brown mines blonde, hers is wavier and slightly longer. I brush off this thought and look around for Neal but I can't see him, however, then I spot him coming out of the bushes.

"Eww! Tell me you didn't!" I exclaim, screwing up my face in a disgusted manner and actioning throwing up.

"Where else am I suppose to go?" He asks, smiling. He is clearly enjoying this, he really likes winding me up.

"I don't know, not in the bushes?" I reply, sarcasm heavily lacing my voice.

"Oh don't worry!" He says, a mischievous smirk on his face, "I dug a hole and put it in there!" Making the knights laugh.

"Oh gross!" I reply, looking at mother who is also laughing. "Absolutely revolting!"

"Oh come on, you do it to sis, everyone poops," he still has that smile on his face and it's incredibly irritating.

"Mom! Tell him that's not true! Princesses and Queens don't poop!" I hear my maid laughing to now, so I turn around and give her my best death glare. Apparently, I'm not very good at those because of my good nature. I wish I was good at them, it would save me much trouble. (And teasing)

"I'm sorry honey, but they do, and believe me you did when you were a baby. Your father and I are the ones that cleaned out your diapers and Grace," my mouth falls open and I feel a deep red blush climbing up my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Mom!" My voice is strangely high pitched. "Please don't talk about my toilet habits in front of people- actually don't talk about them, at all, ever!" Everyone's still laughing, including my dammed maid.

"I'll have you sacked"' I threaten her, and that seems to work, sort of. She bites her lip in an attempt to stop chuckling, and she must be biting her lip really hard because she isn't even sniggering. "Thank you," She knows I didn't mean it, well I'm hoping she knows that.

"Sorry honey," Mother says, still laughing. I roll my eyes and stand up. Grace stands up to and finishes plating my hair. Deciding I need some time away from these ridiculous people, I go to get changed.