Chapter 23

Niall, Harry and Shirley are sitting on the grass at the place where archery is going on. They put themselves a bit on the side so they have privacy, but close enough to be still included in the game.

"So, Caroline called me." Niall says. Harry nods. He expected this. Caroline isn't someone that just gives up. She always fights for what she wants. "What did she say?" Harry asks. He is curious what his ex-lover said to his best friend. "That she wanted to get back together but that you said she's too late and found someone else." Niall explains. "Yeah, yeah that's exactly what I said." Harry says remembering the phone conversation. Maybe he was a bit rude, but he wanted to be clear.

"She asked if I knew who you were seeing. She wanted to know everything. Name, age, how long you are together,..." Harry sighs. "Did you tell her?" the curly lad asks. Niall starts laughing loudly. "What do you think, Haz? I'm going to tell your ex you've been together with your for like ages that you are gay? I think I'm going to leave that to you, buddy." Niall pets his best friend's back. Harry bites his lip, blushing. His relationship with Louis feels so right and natural he forgets sometimes that for some people it must be weird knowing Harry has feelings for a guy after being together with Caroline for so long. 

"Niall?" Louis calls. Niall looks at Harry, giving him the 'we talk about this later stare' and walks towards Louis, accepting the arch and arrows. Louis makes a short eyecontact with Harry, giving him his beautiful smile and a wink and then turns around with Niall on his side.

"Harry, I love you and I really like Tommo but... I know you are not over Caroline and still love her. You've been dying for her to want you back. I understand that you and Tommo are close but you are not even officially together. Caroline called me as well and she really sounded horrible. She misses you Harry and I'm not pushing you to get back together with her, I really don't. You are both my friend and I don't want to get in between your situation. It's just that... 4 and a half more weeks and we are back in London, Haz. Caroline will be there waiting for you and Tommo will be here. I don't want you to be heartbroken and I don't want you to ruin your future because of a summer fling. I understand everything with Tommo now is new and exciting but let's be honest, H Caroline would be the safer option wouldn't it? I get it, you got with Tommo to forget about her but... You don't need to forget her anymore. She is right there, in front of you, begging for you to take her back. That's all you ever wanted. I don't really understand why you let her go like this and tell her you have someone else."  Shirley doesn't want to come in between Harry and Tommo, she really doesn't. She is just worried about her friend and his choices. 

"Tommo is not just to forget Caroline. I never hung out with him for that reason. He makes me forget about her, but I never used him for that cause. I know it's difficult for you to understand. You don't know him the way I do. The only thing you see is the happy, flirty entertainer. But he is so much more, Shirls. He is so fragile, so sweet and makes me feel so free. You're not there when he snuggles into my chest. You haven't seen his face when Caroline called, scared like a lost puppy and crying like a little kid. You haven't heard the song he wrote me, pouring out his emotions. You haven't spent hours talking to him on the beach. You haven't felt the fireworks when he kisses me. God, Shirls I love him. He is not a summer fling, not even close. And I know I'm leaving but we will figure it out. We have to. It's him, Shirls. I know Caroline would be the easy and trusted option but for one time in my life that's not the option I want to pick."

Shirley looks at her best friend, smile glued on her face. She regrets the words she said earlier, seeing how in love her friend is. "So, you don't regret your choice?" She asks.

Harry looks at the boy who is a few metres away from him, laughing when Niall misses. His eyes are shining, his little hands on his stomach, trying to stop himself from laughing more when Niall makes a silly face. High pitched sounds escapes his mouth and a beautiful smile is on his face.

The sight warms Harry's heart, his eyes not leaving the boy when he says: "Not even a little bit."

When the game is over everybody leaves. As usual Harry stays behind. He wants tot help Louis to carry all the stuff back to the entertainment box. It's a lot. Just when Harry wants to take some arrows, he feels a small hand grabbing his writs and pulling him behind the corner.

He feels Louis' warm lips on his. The kiss is desperate, Harry's hand buried in Louis' soft hair and Louis' hands around the taller boys neck.

"I've wanted to do that during the whole damn activity." Louis says when their lips finally separate. "I don't mind you doing that more often." Harry says before pecking Louis' lips again.

"So tonight there's another beach party." Louis announces. Harry just nods, flashback from the last one playing in his head. "Hazza, I'll spend like maybe one hour with Zayn behind the mixing table, but then I'd really like to just sneak out with you. Are you alright with that?" Louis takes Harry's hand in his own and watches his emerald green orbs. "Sounds good. I love spending time with you." Louis' smile is becoming even more bigger. "I don't know why god decided I deserve someone like you in my life but you have no idea how thankful I am." Louis hugs the boy, his head buried in his neck while Harry is stroking his back. "It's not just you being lucky, babe. You are exactly what I need." Louis plants a soft kiss on Harry's neck and then looks again at the boy he is holding.

"I'm ready, Harry. Tonight I will tell you everything about my life. After tonight I have nothing to hide for you anymore. I trust you." Harry's heart is beating like crazy. Louis trusts him and is ready to share his secrets with him. He is so happy, but he doesn't want the boy to regret his choice.

"Baby, if you are not ready that's fine. Don't think it's an obligation just because I chose you. I chose you because I love... being with you and you make me genuinely happy. I don't want to force you." Harry says playing with the chestnut coloured hair. Louis shakes his head. "I know, love. But I want you to know." Louis presses his soft lips shortly on the plumber pair. "I have to clean up now and help Zayn with the music installation on the beach. I'm really busy this afternoon so I won't be able to stop at your sunbed. Want to have dinner together to make up for it?" Louis asks. Harry shakes his head. "I'm sorry, babe. Niall made reservations in the Asian restaurant." Louis pouts. "Then I'll see you at the beach party. But first." Louis presses his lips strongly against Harry's, making Harry moan. This kiss is much more heated then the first one and Louis' hand move to Harry's ass, giving it a small squeeze. Harry whimpers and his breathing is getting uneven. His own hands roam over Louis' chest under his blue t-shirt.

"Tommo? Tommo are you still here?" Dani's voice sounds. The two boys let each other go and Louis appears from around the corner, Harry right behind him. "What's up, Dani?" he asks. "Just wanted to tell you there's no need to clean up. I'm doing archery with the teens." She explains. Louis and Harry didn't notice the group of teens behind her, still in the clouds from their heated kiss. "Oh, alright."

Dani looks from Louis and Harry, noticing their swollen lips that are a darker shade of red. "Yeah, so you have ten more minutes to spend with lover boy." She winks. The group of teenagers start to laugh and Lola gives Harry a thumbs up, making the tall boy blush. "Thanks, Dani. I'll bring those minutes to good use." Louis winks at Harry and takes his hand in his own. Harry is sure that Louis will be the reason of his death one day.