Chapter 16

"Lou?" Harry's voice is only a whisper but loud enough for Louis to look up. Louis blue eyes are filled with tears and they are red and swollen from crying. When Louis sees Harry he starts to cry even harder, his body shaking and his breathing uneven again. "God, Lou." Harry runs over to him, pulling the boy against his chest and rocking him. "Shh, Lou. You will be fine. I'm here now." Louis tries to say something but the loud sobbing and the breathing are stopping him. "Don't say anything. Follow my breathing Lou, okay? Breath with me." Louis follows Harry's instructions and after a few minutes Louis can breath normal again.

"Do you want to talk?" Harry asks. Louis shakes his head. "Only want to say I'm so sorry for standing you up. I didn't mean to..." Harry feels Louis's breathing go faster again and immediately he tries to calm the boy down. "It's okay. I know it's not your fault. Relax, can you do that for me?" Louis only nods, laying his head down on his pillow and closing his eyes. When Harry thinks the boy is asleep he stands up, wanting to talk to Zayn. "Hazza?" Louis' raspy voice sounds. Harry turns around, looking at the fragile boy; "Please hold me. Stay with me." Harry can't ignore the helplessness in his voice and without hesitating he climbs into Louis' bed, putting his arms around the small figure. Louis turns around so he is facing Harry. He nuzzles his face into Harry's neck, falling asleep withing 5 minutes.

It's been two days Harry is staying at the Malik residence. Harry only went back to the hotel once to change clothes and take his phone charger. Louis is doing better. Luckily, tomorrow he has to go back to work.

"Harry, can I ask you something?" The blue eyed boy asks. Harry looks up. "What's wrong?" Louis bites his lip. "Why are you more distant? I mean... It sounds really stupid because you hold me so I can fall asleep but... I can feel it in moments like this. You try to distance yourself from me." Harry can't look Louis straight in the eyes. He is right, he is distancing himself. Not allowing himself to get too attached to the entertainer. In a few weeks this holiday is over and Louis moves on to his next victim. Harry doesn't want to be in love with the shorter boy. He knows it will cause him so much pain.

"I'm not." He lies. Louis shakes his head. "Exactly that answer proves you are. Did I scare you? I knew I was too messed up for you." Tears are appearing in those heavenly blue eyes and immediately Harry feels the need to shush Louis. "Lou, no. You are not too messed up. You are perfect, really it's just..." Harry bites his tongue. He knows one day he will have to have this conversation with Louis about his feelings and Katie but he doesn't feel today is that day. "Just what, Harry?" Louis' voice gets snappier and it scares Harry a bit. Harry doesn't answer. "Maybe you should just go..." Louis whispers, tears forming in his eyes. "Louis, I'm here fo..." "Just go, Harry." Louis is full out crying now, his hands are shaking. "I'm not going." Harry takes Louis' hands, trying to stop them from shaking. "I said go!" Louis tries to get out of Harry's grip but Harry is stronger and doesn't let go. "I won't. Calm down, Lou!" "Yes you will! Everybody does! So just go Harry, let's get it over with. If you are not leaving now you will be in 4 weeks." Louis' eyes are bloodshot and his eyes are like a shower. Tears are falling down and he cries uncontrollably. Harry pulls his arms around the boy and pushes him against his chest. He feels his t-shirt is getting slowly soaking wet. Harry is fighting his own tear. Louis is as scared what happens after Harry's holiday is over as Harry himself. He doesn't know how he has to calm down the boy in his arms. Harry is scared for exactly the same thing. "Don't distant yourself from me, Hazza. Please just... Don't. I need you." Louis' voice is broken and  Harry is fighting harder and harder against the gulp in his throat. "I won't. But we do need to talk, Lou. I don't know if I can take it anymore like this. I can't be in this situation if we don't have a proper conversation." He feels the smaller boy nods against his body. "We'll talk. As long as you don't leave me, we'll talk as much as you want." Those words are warming Harry's heart. He starts to believe Louis is really as scared as he is himself.

The boys are eating pizza in Louis' room. When they finish Harry takes the box and throws it in the trash and walks back to Louis.

"What do you want to talk about, Haz." Louis asks. Harry bites his lip. "I'm not 100% over my ex." Harry blurts out. Louis looks at him, hurt in his eyes. "Yeah, Kennie mentioned something like that. You told her." Louis' voice is bitter and Harry noticed it. "I only mentioned I recently broke up with her. That's it. Nothing more." Harry explains. "So you didn't tell her confidential stuff?" Louis asks. Harry shakes his head. "No, no why would I?" Harry asks confused. Louis shrugs it off. "It's nothing, Haz. Carry on. Say what you want to say. I want us to be fine, that's it."

Harry takes out his phone and goes to Instagram, going to a profile he has been visiting a lot. "That's her." Harry whispers, showing Louis a picture. Louis looks at her. "She is really beautiful." Louis tries not to sound hateful, but fails miserably. "She broke my heart. The break-up was hard. It's the reason why I'm here. My mom wanted me to relax and forget about her." Louis nods, waiting for Harry to continue. "I didn't exactly forget about her but I kind of found someone... This person made me forget about her a lot and made me feel alive." Louis feels anger boiling inside him. "Are you going to tell me you do have a crush on Kendall?"  Louis is fighting back the tears. He wants to be happy for Harry that he found someone that made him forget about his broken heart but he envied the person being able to do so. "No, Lou. I'm telling you that... You are that person. That you make me forget about everything and everyone and just drag me inside your own world. That you make me feel things I've never felt before. And I'm not going to lie, Louis Tomlinson, I'm scared as fuck feeling this way about you..."