"George! He...He......" her panicked expression and the name of one of the hunters was enough to make me understand what she actually meant.

I quickly sprinted towards an open auditorium of the once lively mall. All the life within it was squeezed out since the very moment these infected ones started to spread and feed on the poor helpless beings. The area was devastated. Lights were no longer on the ceilings and darkness had invaded the entire place. Upper floors were totally blocked as their passages prevented the entrance of any. Even the entrance and exit doors of the mall were blocked by the huge and myriad stones. We had however few secret passages through those stones which assisted the hunters to squeeze themselves under the tiny long passages and after crawling for at least two minutes, could find our way out. This mall was not only accompanied by 94 people but also by the tiny mice who too had succeeded from not becoming the food of the Creatures.

On entering the auditorium from tiny, rough and destructed passages, I met the helpless body of George which was sprawled onto the cemented floor. People had surrounded him in a circle and were standing at a distance of good five feet. Terror clearly laid on their faces of getting infected from George. I reached closer to him and settled myself on my knees. On coming closer, I noticed that he was trembling very badly and had bite mark on his right wrist and on his right side of the neck. Dark red colored blood kept on seeping through the holes of the bite marks and had washed his entire shattered shirt with the blood. His black orbs met mine and I could see his life draining out of them.

"George! Stay firm man. You are our hero and heroes don't lose too soon. You still got your job to fill our stomachs with food by providing us with the things. Remember?" I whisper talked to him and while speaking wrapped a white cloth on both of my hands, from my medical bag which was placed beside me by Erin, who too was sitting by my side, her eyes glued to the side of George's face. She had always liked him but too late, she couldn't express her feelings. I could see her eyes shining due to the blanket of tears covering her eyes.

After wrapping my hands I placed pressure on his bite mark on the neck. Direct contact; skin to skin could get me infected too. Erin handed over the surgical instruments to me, still keeping her eyes attached to George's which were looking back to her.

"It is useless." His voice broke in the middle and he let out a cough of blood. He gasped loudly.
"You know I won't survive. They bit me deep enough to release their infected saliva into my blood. Please...." He started taking shallow breaths while I stay stunned at his words. He was the first of all to say that. The others always used to cry and beg me to save their lives.

"Remember George, Hope! You gave us that concept. Stop it. Let me just take out some more blood out of you which I believe is infected. Taking off the first layer of the skin will also help along." I brought my hand near but he forced himself a little up and slid away. I looked at him angrily now. Shock was something which we couldn't bring on our faces. He was always like this. Taking care of others but ignorant about himself. How could he?

"Please George, for me." Erin cried while pushing herself closer to George. Wow, that was a brave move. She always lacked the confidence to even look at George. George turned his face towards me and stared at me with a dead serious expression. Something bad was going to come out of his mouth.

"Throw me out." He said, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. Gasps followed. Okay, this was quite unexpected.

"Shut the hell up George!" I couldn't control any longer. Erin beside me stood on her feet and took few steps backward.

"Amelia! You shut the hell up! You know that I won't survive. I have gotten infected and soon will turn into one of those! No one can stop this! I will also try to eat you people and put your lives into danger! Hence, it is better to throw me away in order to protect your self, forgot sake!" He yelled. Legit yelled which was a new side of George.