She shaked her head. "Well yes, but... there is another reason...."

I didn't let her finish. "I get it. You don't want to start something with a fellow agent."

Parks sighed in frustration. "That's not it. We... We just can't, okay? We can't do this." 

"But why?" I asked. What was holding her back?

"It's... complicated. I'll tell you soon. Just... not now, okay?" she asked me, holding my hands. Oh these eyes. How can anyone say no to her?

"Alright. I'll wait. You're worth it, after all."

She smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you. Now let's get back to work. Once we have stopped Perseus' plan, we can continue where we left off."

"Promise?"

She smiled. "I promise."

---------------------------------------------

Leon Ivanov, KGB

Managua, Nicaragua

April 25, 1982

"It's good think we have Vargas with us." Garcia remarks as we exit the plane. "He probably  knows the jungle better than anyone."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." he says.

"Yeah I prefer not to have a Robinson Crusoe experience." Powers jokes.

After we leave the airport, I take a look around at the capital of this country. I see modern constructions in between are often houses from colonial times. It reminds me a bit about home. Except for the muggy climate. "What's the plan?"

"We have a meeting with the President, Daniel Ortega. The KGB doesn't have a file on this  Menendez guy. Moscow has informed him of our arrival, so hopefully he has the answers we need." Portnova explains as we make our way through the streets. I see children playing happily in the street, new buildings and roads are being constructed. Restaurants filled with happy people and musicians playing in the street. Truly a lovely place.

Back in 1979, a revolution overthrew the local Dictator, Anastazio Somoza, who's family has ruled the country since 1912. A family dictatorship, sponsored by the United States. One of the reason for the revolution was the fact that Somoza kept selling land to american banana companies for profit, while his own people were starving.

Profit is Theft.

Now the Sandinistas are in charge. They have already began transforming the country and preparing it for the first free election in decades.

We finally arrive at the presidential residence. It's a nice colonial house with a garden. Very beautiful, but nothing spectacular.

We explain ourselves to the guards who, after a quick check-up, let us through.

The president meets us in his office. A giant portrait of Marx is hanging on the wall behind him and his table is filled with papers. He seems to be a very busy man.

Nevertheless, he greets us with a smile and shakes our hands. "Comrades! Welcome to Nicaragua."

We nod respectfully and greet him. The President then turns to his secretary. "Antonio, please leave us." The man just nods and leaves the room. "Now then, what can I do for you?" he asks.

Portnova steps forwards. "We are looking for someone. Perhaps you can help us."

Ortega nods and picks up a bottle of rum from one of the shelfs on the wall along with a few glasses. "Well it's not every day you get a call from the General Secretary himself. But he wouldn't tell me who you're after." He offers us a glass of rum and all except Portnova agree.