Chapter 7: Dele Visits

A Nigerian hip-hop song 'Boys are Bad' by kiss- Daniel was banging  Dele's executive looking silver, Honda 206.

If you leave
Girl I'll swear for you
'Cause all the money I don spend on you
Aah (oh-oh)
I can't breath when you are not with me
Nah all the time I go dey check on you
Go dey check e check
Ayayaya...

Because I know
Boys are bad
Jokes apart
All my guys
They want to knack
I'm tired ooo(oya nah ooo)

'Cause you do that
'Cause I know
Boys are bad
Jokes apart
All my guys
They want to knack
I'm tired ooh

That's why I've been low key, no girl
Aya mi n'ja baby
Mosunmola baby, anicha
That's why I've been low key, no girl.
Aya mi n'ja baby
Mosunmola baby, anicha
That's why I've been low key, no girl.

No pressure
I don't wanna push you away
Girl I wish you leave me here
Fit be the one to be love (yes)
Look away, Look away, Look away
Look away, Look away, Look away o
Look away from my omalicha

Cause I know
Boys are bad
Jokes apart
All my guys
They want to knack
I'm tired o oya nah oo
Cause I know
Boys are bad
Jokes apart
All my guys
They want to knack
I'm tired o

That's why I've been low key, no girl
Aya mi n'ja baby
Mosunmola baby, anicha
That's why I've been low key, no girl.
Aya mi n'ja baby
Mosunmola baby, anicha
That's why I've been low key, no girl.

***

Dele hummed every word of the lyric passionately, as it was one of his favorite. On him was a red, causal T-shirt and a fitting navy-blue jean trouser. He looked quite charming with his new look.

In, the passenger seat next to him was his black laptop backpack where he picked some of his stuff; his phone, it’s charger, toothbrush, toothpaste, some syringes and a pair of shoes, just in case.

He put on his dark glasses and wind up his tinted wing windows of his car. He pressed a button on the satnav and the music stopped playing immediately.

Dele grabbed his bag and came out of the car, throwing the car keys into the side pocket of the bag. He came out of the car and locked it, observing the environment where he is. Then he saw a passerby.
It was an elderly man coming back from the farm with a bag of maize and vegetables on his head.

“Eka asan baba.” he greeted.

“O bawo...”

“A dupe.” He answered. “Please, how far is Iloka from here?”

“It’s not that far, my son. It’s just the neighboring town of ours. You can take a taxi, but you have to take another bus to get to your destination. Or better still, you can board a boat going there.”

“Okay...” Dele muttered, looking a little confused.

“It’s actually not far, just over there.” He pointed eastwards. The boats they moved in convoy so they won’t waste your time. You can join them if you wish.

“Ah! That would be better. E seun baba, thanks a lot. O daabo sir.” He prostrated before following the route.

Dele went to the Eastern direction as described and boarded a boat. There were a couple of rowing boats on the water and the people rowing were mostly young teenage boys. Dele paid for the ride before going. Although it was his first time using water transport, it was an easy ride.

***

Minutes Later...

Bamidele got Iloka... Finally. He stretched like a hungry lion finding its prey. Dele observed the whole place and went to meet an elderly woman. S who has a small kiosk round the river bank. She was a trader.

“Excuse me ma, where’s Doctor Alagbo’s compound?” He asked one woman selling foodstuffs behind the stream.

“It’s not far. It’s about ten houses away so it’s trackable. You’ll see a big brown gate with PDP poster on it. If you’re confused or lost, try asking someone else. They’ll direct you there.” She replied him, politely.

“Okay ma, thank you.” He looked forward and walking to the direction, still perplexed if he was at the right or wrong place.

Then he dialed Imade’s number and there she was, standing before him.

Imade didn’t know he would come so early...she felt like sinking into the ground. It was so unexpected. Not as if she wasn’t expecting him at all but, Gosh! It was just 11:00 a.m.

Imade dressed herself in a baby pink singlet, with a multicolored wrapper tied around her waist.

“Omg! It’s you! I mean you’re Imade right?”
She nodded as he asked, looking so perplexed and unsettled.
He walked towards her shivering body and have her a warm hug. It is their first meeting, after all. Nervous, Imade felt the prickly sweat lingering between her legs, underneath her wrapper. She just stood there, frozen at his attitude.

With the look of things, everyone in the compound was staring at him with the ‘who-is-he?’ kind of look.

“It’s so nice meeting you. Wowwwww! You’re prettier than I even imagined!” He jerked at her with a killer smile. “So..  you live here?”

Imade was just staring at him, lost in thought.
“Ummm... Yes. I live here.” She stuttered.

Although, she felt timid and sweaty as his built body touched hers...

“I can’t believe we finally met. I mean.. look at you!” He jerked excitedly, wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Yes...” she said, faking a smile.

Just then, he noticed her coldness. With this, he stepped an inch away from her as she took him inside. Her neighbors were busy staring with wide strange faces like stray cats in the darkness....

05.02.2021