(12)~Hoco

The sun is paying all attention to every part of my body, causing a tan. Maddy, Naya and I, do this ritual of tanning everyday before every formal event. We are laying by the pool, I have a blue set bikini that I got from frankies bikinis, on. It's a strapless bikini, so I don't get any tan lines by the time I wear my dress tonight.

I raise up the champagne flute carefully to my lips and take a sip. The name of the champagne is Marc-Hebrart Cuvee Rose Premier Cru Brut, pretty long name but worth it for a priceless taste.

I wince a little as I try to place the glass back. "Are you okay?" Naya asks me, pulling her sunglasses to the bridge of her nose. "No but I'll be fine"

"Well that's what you get when you run off with a white boy" Maddy adds on, "you're literally white" Naya scoffs

"False, european white" she corrects us. Her mom is Italian and her dad is from Spain, pretty much the known places in Europe, while Naya's dad is Irish and her mom is Nigerian. While I'm from nowhere, just a plain american, but at least I'm a ginger, right?

"I didn't run off with him" she raises her brows, "just spent some time" i shrug at her expression.

"Mmhmm yeah" Maddy dismisses us with a wave

"Cindy called me like twenty times yesterday asking if I dropped you safely at home, I have never been so confused in my life" Naya starts, "did-" she cuts me off

"But I caught on to what was going on and ran with it, so I said yes. Thinking back, that was pretty irresponsible. I could have called to ask if you're actually okay since she was calling me like that" she stands up to get some of the fruits that were diced and laid in a plate on the table.

Last night, I had Aaron drop me off at Naya's house instead of mine because it would have been so stressful taking care of myself with the amount of pain I was going through last night. I made sure to text my parents where I was staying over anyways, so it was all fine.

Maddy sighs, "I wanna go to the hamptons this christmas"

"Yeah no, remember last christmas we went there and that one guy wanted to buy a couple shares for you, so you would run away to Greece with him" Naya recalls. I actually remember that, he was pretty set on getting her. "If I didn't have all this money and was't next in line to inherit two big flourishing companies. I would have gone with him" she takes a sip of her drink and avoids eye contact with us.

"And we're thankful for that" I say

"So Gracie, what is this guy like" Maddy asks,"same question I wanted to ask" Naya smacks Maddy on her head before heading into the house, "i'll be back, wait for me"

"Is he cute?" Maddy didn't even bother waiting for her to come back, "of course he's cute and he better be hot" she comes back out with a bottle of vodka.

We both stare at her, "oh my God what? It's just vodka moreover it's not like I'll be getting my ass drunk" she sets the bottle and the shot glasses she's holding, "if you want  some, it's right in front of you" we were literally just drinking champagne.

"Okay, let's put that aside. We just had champagne and we have a dance tonight" I take the bottle away from her and back into the house

"Since we are done with Naya, start talking." i give her a questioning look, "the guy-"

"Oh oh, I guess I could say he's hot" "let em see a picture" Naya asks

"Let's stalk him on insta, do you follow him?" Maddy takes my phone after I unlock it, "I don't"

She gawks at me, "are you kidding me? But at least I'm sure you have a spam account that you use" I shake my head, "ok baby this ain't gonna work" Naya starts laughing "why are you laughing?" I ask but then join in