(1)~ Hey Stranger

"The one and only Gracie", Cindy beams as she greets me, "yes my queen" we laugh as I hop into her car. Cindy has been my best friend since we entered high school, which has been two and a half years because we are juniors now, but our friendship works on a perfect balance and I love it.

"I think I'm pregnant"

"Cindy is this one of your jokes because I'm hoping it is", I stare at the mirror while trying to fix up my lipstick.

"No, I'm not kidding, I think I am.." this better be a joke at this point

"The pregnancy test is at home, I didn't want to see the result, so I just left it until after the party". My eyes are wide open in shock for two reasons, one of them being she might be pregnant and the other one is how she thinks she'll get a correct result after three hours.

"This bitch," I smack my lipstick lid back on and look back at her, "Cindy, I want to be a supportive friend but how do you think the results will come out right after three fucking hours"

"Yeah, that's the point," she shrugs and puts on her seatbelt, "I don't want to see it..so let's go to this party and have fun then I can do another one" I don't want to disturb her about it because she never does well under pressure. "But no drinking for you just in case"

*****

The sound of the music is loud but not as much that it could get busted by the cops and most people who live here are just extremely rich to be staying at home because they are always on 'business trips'.

"Is that Simon?", Oh Lord please let it not be, "Mmhmm I'm not sure" Cindy squints her eyes pretending like she doesn't know. "Stop Cindy you know it's him..now move so I can run", "Well too late he's here already here"

"Hi, Simon" she gives me a sorry look as she excuses herself. He doesn't even bother to say hi back to her.

"I didn't expect to see you here" he looks at me with more of a wtf look than surprise,

"Neither did I" I smile at him and try to walk away before he grabs my arms "sorry that probably came out rude"

He quickly let go of my arms once I stared down at it. "Well Simon, I had a little family issue, so I decided to leave the house for fresh air", now his face reeks of disbelief.

"And you happened to come to a party for fresh air?" he scoffs then raises his eyebrows in question, "yes, I did, and what about it" with that I walked away to find Cindy and drink our earlier conversation away.

*****

It's been an hour and if drunk was a person, we would be looking at Cindy. I'm holding her hair up at the moment as she pukes into the toilet, I decided earlier not to drink because there was no way I was going to rely on my dear Cindy to get us home.

"I told you not to drink" I whine as I throw my head back because of the headache I'm getting from how loud the music is. "Your tank is stained, let me go find a t-shirt in the room" my legs are weak as I stand up from my kneeling position and walk into the bedroom. The closet has mostly t-shirts so it's obvious that it's owned by a guy. In the process of my search, I hear the door creak open and a guy walks in like he's trying to hideaways from someone.

"Are you by chance searching for anyone?" I tilt my head to the side staring at him, in hopes I don't sound creepy. "Yeah no, I just needed some space", "I can leave if-",

Then I hear Cindy's voice echo from the bathroom. "Gracie you're taking too long, I'm gonna puke more if I keep my head over this toilet one more time", he turns to me "looks like you are needed". I explain Cindy's drunken situation and rush back to the bathroom with whatever t-shirt I touched.

"Do you by chance need help?" he calls back, "I mean not at the moment" I answer in huffs while trying to take the tank top off her. It shouldn't be a struggle but Cindy's non-compliance is making it one, "hey C, wear this so we can leave"

"Do we really, I don't want to go back home" she looks up at me with her eyes struggling to stay open.

"With the state you're in, I say yes" taking her arms and pulling her up carefully I picked up our purses and walked out of the bathroom into the room.

The guy whose name I don't know yet is just sitting on the bed and scrolling through his phone. He notices our presence and smiles. It was a warm type of smile, innocent and I could say full of concern.

"You never told me your name" he walks closer and helps hold Cindy after she mutters something.

"And you never asked" I reply and he smirks and turns to me, "if you must know, I'm Aaron". Oh, he is cocky, well two can play this game.

"I can't remember asking" returning his smirk, and at that moment Cindy slumped down from our arms. "Fuck Cindy, what was that for" she giggles and stretches out her arms again, as if telling us to pull her back up.

Aaron looks at her and back at me, "I should carry her to the car because holding her this way isn't the best choice" I checked her purse for the keys and nodded my head for Aaron to carry her.

We walk out of the bedroom, getting close to the kitchen, I see Simon across the island table talking to someone, she looks like she goes to our school. That was the least of my concern because the only thing that's going through my mind is to leave before he confronts me again.

"So where's the car", the night has grown darker so it's even harder to see.

"I guess it's over there",

"Guess?" he raises his eyebrows at me, "don't look at me like that, it's not my car and the sky is darker"

I click the car keys and hear the beeping sound. My excitement is visible as I squeal and run to the car "ooouuu, found it", I open up the back door and move away so he could place her down.

"Thank you so much, you really helped me" Aaron smiles and as he opens his mouth to reply, I find Simon working towards us.

"Gracie please wait", please not again I'm not ready for this. Aaron just watches him and notices my change of mood. "Simon I was just leaving, we can talk at school"

"I just need one moment okay" I turn around to Aaron and thank him again for his help while nodding my head letting him know I'm fine and he can leave if he wants.

"Bye Gracie" he waves at me and smiles again, and the butterflies I get in my lower stomach make me smile back at him widely.

"Who the hell is he?" I frown my face in annoyance and walk closer to him

"And how is that your business Simon, all you do is shout and get angry once a guy is being nice to me", my voice starts to get louder

"It's because I care about you Gracie, I really do" he tries to hug me and move away.

"Don't you start with this manipulative shit, you do this every time. You don't care about me, you once did but not anymore. It's over, we are over. I tried to make this work but I'm not going to act like those red flags aren't existing. All you ever did in our relationship was to take a break and act like the victim once things started to get rocky. You never once tried, it's always 'I love you, Gracie, I really do but things aren't going well in this relationship and I'm sure you can see it'. This is the 100th time or so we've taken a break and I meant it when I said it's over for good"

I could see the anger in his eyes but then it's like something twitched and he looked sorry. "I know" it came more like a whisper than him speaking.

"You know what Simon?", I pause "that all I'm saying is true or that all I said was the fucking truth" I am so tired of this conversation, I need to get Cindy home. "Bye, and I mean it"

I get in and drive away, leaving him standing there.

*******************

I hope you guys liked this chapter and it would be amazing if you leave comments on how you feel about it.